R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS- to attract and entice the top caliber candidate who can work with UHNW clients.
Our client is a London based wealth management company, with offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town. The company focusses on building long-term wealth for their clients. For South African clients they only focus on their offshore investments. The company employs more than 90 highly skilled staff and has more than £3.2bn assets under administration.
They now seek a senior relationship manager to join their team in Johannesburg. You will be reporting directly to the MD of the company in London.
The successful manager will take over an existing book and will need to grow AuM from both existing and new clients. We are looking for someone that can be out of the office meeting existing and new clients rather than someone in the office answering queries. We would prefer someone that is licensed to give advice rather than just providing information, i.e. currently registered as a Rep under FAIS (having sub categories 1.8 and 1.14 will put you in a strong position) , although it is not an absolute necessity for the position.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to take-over, manage and grow an existing book of South African clients primarily in the Gauteng area and to a lesser extent in KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape regions – some travel will be required.
- You are a client-oriented individual, who is keen to use their knowledge of financial markets to share product and market knowledge with financial advisors and direct private clients;
- You will be required to build and maintain strong client relationships;
- You will be responsible for client visits, potentially including presentations to groups of clients (sometimes accompanied by an investment manager);
- You will be responsible for growing assets from existing clients and new clients;
- You will be required to pro-actively analyse client’s businesses to determine suitability of company solutions for their requirements.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have investment knowledge gained through working experience in the investment industry;
- You have excellent “selling skills” and superb relationship management skills;
- You have superb people interaction skills;
- You have honed presentation skills;
- You have a strong service and sales orientation;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have strong knowledge of financial markets and must be able to build and maintain long term relationships with both private clients and financial advisors.
- You are technically proficient – CFA/CFP and B.Com with the above rep requirements if possible.
- You are well presented; well read; technically astute; well-travelled and credible.
This is a global wealth management business that is successful and would be keen to employ a consummate professional private client relationship manager with an exemplary track record.