R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client has been a leading developer of property over the last 40 years, responsible for landmark shopping centres, industrial parks and major office blocks in South Africa’s key cities. The company continues to be a leader in property development in these three sectors.
They now seek an investment analyst to join their team. You will be in the property specific space. The Investment Analyst is responsible for conducting macroeconomic, capital market and property market research and analysis to support the Investment Team in formulating investment decisions. Career progression on performance guaranteed!
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to be a team player, willing to get your hands dirty and get involved;
- You will be responsible for conducting macroeconomic, capital market and property market research and analysis to support the investment team in formulating investment decisions;
- You will be responsible for researching, analysing and providing relevant economic and property overviews;
- You will be required to make recommendations regarding investment attractiveness of specific property sectors;
- You will be required to assist in making recommendations for the selection of investment decisions to the investment committees;
- You will be required to assist in the development of an industry leading property, data driven information system;
- You will be required to monitor, update, maintain and report on property fundamentals;
- You will be required to create standardized property research decks for investment team and investment committee;
- You will be required to conduct research on special topics in support investment teams strategic initiatives;
- You will be required to assist with the development and presentation of the firm’s macroeconomic, capital market and property market information;
- You will be required to assist with the preparation of property trends commentaries;
- You will be required to develop research tools to assist the investments team for potential property investments. The nature of the role is more specialised knowledge work rather than knowledge integration;
- Investment analysis:
- You will be required to research, analyse and provide relevant property benchmarking information;
- You will be required to assist with the analysis of investment decisions and motivations for investment committee;
- You will be responsible for compilation of fund investment performance reports for investment committee and board packs / presentations;
- Asset management support and assistance:
- You will be responsible for management of IPD data submission and review and analysis of fund data to facilitate investment decisions;
- You will be required to assist with the management, review and of approval of quarterly forecasts and annual property budgets;
- Personal effectiveness:
- You will be responsible for service delivery through own efforts;
- You will be responsible for managing own time, asks and output quality over periods of 1 day to a maximum of three months;
- You will be required to make increased contributions by broadening individual skills;
- You will be required to collaborate effectively with others to achieve personal results;
- You will be required to accept and lives the company values.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner;
- You have strong research and analytical skills including the ability to gather, interpret and effectively communicate macroeconomic, capital market and property market data;
- You have critical thinking skills that can convert data into meaningful relationships and information to drive quality decision making.
- You have strong analytical and financial / numerical skills;
- You are comfortable to challenge, think out the box and speak your mind;
- You are happy to work across the business, whether it be industrial, commercial or retail;
- You have strong collaboration (relating) skills;
- You are able to put the customer first;
- You have honed execution skills;
- You are innovative (perspective);
- You are able to lead with influence;
- You have personal mastery (learning) skills;
- You are strategic.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B.Com hnrs/B.Bus Sc/ CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have a CFA (level 1) this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a minimum of 3 years current, relevant property industry experience ; if you have a specific property degree and 1 -2 years experience this will also be suitable;
- You have strong analytical skills and numerical ability and a positive, upbeat disposition. This is a happy team,
- You have strong computer skills (Advanced Excel and PowerPoint).
Lovely team; new role; busy business; happy space! Good rewards and career trajectory!