R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a proprietary investment business and an alternatives investment manager. Through its capital market activities, the company delivers above-average, risk-adjusted returns for a predetermined level of risk to shareholders.
They now seek an investment analyst to join the team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for assisting in the analysis, modelling, and documentation of credit transactions for South African corporates, leverage buy-outs and project finance transactions;
- You will be responsible for credit risk analysis of a portfolio of counterparties including structured unlisted credit evaluation, approval and monitoring, but could be extended to include elements of listed credit evaluation- huge scope in this role;
- Investment risk / credit risk analysis:
- You will be responsible for counterparty evaluation, legal analysis and instrument structuring and pricing;
- You will be responsible for preparation and presentation of credit/investment proposals to the relevant credit / investment committee(s);
- You will be responsible for reviewing and negotiation of legal documents for approved investments;
- You will be responsible for relative quantitative and qualitative risk rating of counterparties and instruments in the various investment portfolios managed including the application of risk scoring methodologies;
- You will be responsible for stakeholder interaction, including interaction with external credit market participants, engaging with counterparties and investing clients (internal to the company and 3rd party);
- You will be responsible for proactively monitoring a portfolio of debt exposures for the company and its clients or entities to which a credit research service is provided;
- You will be responsible for credit risk management framework – provide input aimed at enhancing existing processes and capabilities.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are responsible, self-motivated and enthusiastic;
- You are articulate and confident;
- You have a highly professional approach / work ethic;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have excellent planning & organizational skills;
- You have strong technical and analytical skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You are flexible and have intellectual curiosity;
- You are a team player.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a B.Bus Sc/ CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial service;
- You are a CFA or part– this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ current, relevant experience post articles;
- You have an interest in the financial services industry and performing financial analyses on corporates and project finance transactions;
- You have an understanding of credit and fixed income markets;
- You have working knowledge of investments and fixed income instruments;
- You have strong commercial focus;
- You have strong Excel skills (including the ability to set up models).
You are a smart capable credit person who wants to work in a top company and be rewarded daily with exciting work; smart colleagues; good remuneration structures and a clear upward trajectory wrt your career, based on merit.