R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client, a new, funky outsource partner is hiring. Work for a youthful, progressive, smart team. A team that believes in working smart and as a business unit where everyone works together for a common goal and there is transparency and trust!
They now seek an operations manager to join their team. You will report to the managing director. The MD is an exceptional individual. Smart, spunky, has a good sense of humour and great people leadership.
This is a unique opportunity to join a new organisation which is responsible for the administration of three asset management businesses and are keen to be the best in the industry and trail blaze in terms of service and style.
As an Operations Manager you will have the opportunity to be creative and make the role your own whilst being responsible for the strategic vision of the operational team (Retirement, Life, Lisp and Unit Trust business units). The business units are responsible for processing instructions into investment products, including investment accounts, retirement annuities, preservation funds, living annuities, endowments, local and offshore unit trusts, etc. You will play an integral role in directly leading a team of team leaders and operational administrators to assist in the successful execution of our SLA’s and to continually improve the services provided to their clients.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You have a passion for excellent client service delivery as well as a strong sense of ownership and responsibility;
- You will be required to manage staff, including performance management, assisting with issues coming out of the daily operations, review of staff work and ensuring processes are followed and standards are adhered to;
- You will be required to draw up all business processes, agreeing service levels and operational procedures with clients, drawing up user guides and management/control reports;
- You will be required to review, with a view to improve, all processes and operational controls and implement the necessary controls to ensure segregation of duties and compliance with statutory requirements;
- You will be required to lead, design and implement operational due diligence processes with respect to FICA / AML, FATCA and related regulations set out by the compliance managers;
- You will be required to participate in strategic planning processes as it relates to the growing the business;
- You will be required to establish and maintain key relationships, particularly with counterparts in client businesses and the broader industry;
- You will be required to liaise with internal and external auditors;
- You will be required to regularly engage, interact with and report to management, the clients, the FSB and fund trustees;
- You will be required to ensure tax, legislative and statutory requirements are met;
- You will be required to drive operational excellence and high performance;
- You will be responsible for managing operational risk;
- You will be responsible for management and development of staff;
- You will be responsible for building the team and growing team knowledge, culture and work ethic;
- You will be responsible for managing existing client relationships, including relationships with the teams within the business;
- You will be responsible for investigating and resolving customer, investor and internal queries efficiently and on a timely basis;
- You will be responsible for project work related to client take-on and legislative requirements;
- You will be required to oversee the day to day operations, ensuring that the team adheres to the clients’ current service level agreement and to add value to clients by continually trying to improve the services provided;
- You will be required to ensure that the team performs according to contracted performance areas to deliver the highest level of service to stakeholders.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You· have proven leadership skills with excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English and honed interpersonal skills;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You are passionate about exceptional client services;
- You are proactive with a sense of urgency and the ability to make quick decisions and establish priorities;
- You are professional, with excellent stakeholder management skills;
- You have the ability to simplify complex problems and processes and be outcomes driven;
- You are self-motivated, you learn quickly and are willing to be stretched in a challenging, dynamic and exciting environment;
- You are able to deal with and manage difficult, demanding clients;
- You have great facilitation and presentation skills;
- You have critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills;
- You have exceptional leadership and coaching skills;
- You have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, ensuring delivery of high quality output;
- You are flexible and deadline driven and will assist the business in ensuring these outcomes are reached·
- You have the ability to manage resources effectively and efficiently;
- You have unquestionable integrity and accountability.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B.Bus Sc / B.Com / MBA or part;
- You have a minimum of 6 – 8 years current, relevant financial services experience and in particular in the asset management arena;
- You have a strong knowledge of the applicable LISP and CIS legislative environment (specifically the FAIS Act, Pension Funds Act, Collective Investment Schemes Control Act, Long-Term Insurance Act);
- You have a strong operational knowledge of retirement products, including living annuities, endowments, pension and provident preservation funds and retirement funds, collective investment schemes – this is essential;
- You are a key individual in terms of FAIS CAT III license essential;
- You have current, relevant experience in operations management and managing a team of a similar size = and smart people who are keen to be lead;
- You have current, relevant experience in managing projects within operations in the financial services industry;
- You have strong leadership experience: both people management and leading transformation in an operations function;
- You have Flexcube knowledge – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have Bizagi knowledge – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You are proficient in the MS Office suite with advanced Excel skills.
Most importantly you want to lead a team of smart people; you want to assist in growing a business and you have a friendly and positive disposition and a passion for FS and service. Great role. Superb team. Happy, smiling and very busy!