R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland, Ireland, Namibia and the United Kingdom.
They now seek an experienced property equity analyst to join their team. This replaces a successful analyst who is moving geographically. You are experienced; well respected and enjoy research in this specific sector.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for providing property focused research support to a team of fund managers;
- You will be responsible for conducting research projects on the domestic and offshore listed property sectors;
- You will be responsible for daily and monthly monitoring and reporting on fund manager portfolios;
- You will be responsible for the preparation of presentations for internal report-backs and external roadshows;
- You will be responsible for the coverage and detailed financial analysis of listed property companies in order to provide investment recommendations;
- You will be responsible for building spreadsheet models and running company analyses.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are confident;
- You are a self-starter;
- You are motivated to prove yourself;
- You are driven;
- You are motivated by performance-based rewards;
- You have a willingness to learn;
- You are proactive;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You are diligent;
- You have strong numeracy skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a Business Science; Chartered Financial Analyst; Engineering degree and strong academic results·
- You have current, relevant listed property company research experience – this is essential;
- You have knowledge of MS Office with advanced Excel;
- You have knowledge of Bloomberg, Reuters– this is essential.
Great team -smart business; specialist research area and passion for listed property essential. Excellent rewards on performance.