R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland, Ireland, Namibia and the United Kingdom.
They now seek a client service fund manager Southern Africa to join their team. You will report to the lead fund manager SA institutional business.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified, previously disadvantaged affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for institutional client servicing and retention using a good understanding of investment markets, company portfolios and views and the South African savings landscape;
- You will be required to act as custodian for a specific group of company clients;
- You will be responsible for being the conduit for all institutional clients between investment and operations teams and ongoing meeting of clients’ requirements;
- You will be required to build and maintain strong relationships with these clients, as well as designated consultants and potential clients;
- You will be required to ensure clients are in the right product for their needs;
- You will be required to be aware of the company’s full product range and make clients aware of alternative products where appropriate;
- You will be required to coordinate and manage the mandate process and any other client-related matters;
- You will be responsible for client interaction, report backs and information sharing to targeted client groups;
- You will be responsible for client development;
- You will be responsible for presenting to clients with gravitas;
- You will be required to keep clients abreast of market events on a regular basis.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong presentation skills – ability to remain calm under pressure and during tough presentations;
- You have the ability to build and maintain client relationships;
- You have the ability to function effectively from a “mobile” office environment;
- You have the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and sometimes from mobile office environments;
- You are a responsible and accountable individual;
- You are highly diligent;
- You are conscientious;
- You are a finisher – tenacious, goal-orientated;
- You have strong numeracy skills;
- You have an ability to work in fast moving environment;
- You have investment industry understanding;
- You are pro-active;
- You are a self-starter;
- You have the ability to multi-task;
- You are highly organized and efficient;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You are a team player and willing to learn;
- You possess an ownership mentality and a willingness to take responsibility for tasks through to completion;
- You have a keen eye for detail, goal orientated and have a willingness to learn and be hands on;
- You have the ability to present well and build good relationships externally and internally.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant investment industry-related experience and a thorough understanding of the institutional space;
- You are a B.Bus Sc/CFA ( part) CA(SA)/Actuarial candidate;
- You are able to liaise and present with credibility and impact at the highest level of industry;
- You have an understanding of institutional asset management, industry dynamics and distribution networks;
- You have current, relevant client oriented experience and personality profile;
- You have MS Office including PowerPoint and other database experience.
You are a consummate professional. You know how tough the market is and the level of professionalism and knowledge needed to discuss investments decisions with champions of industry. You are happy to travel, nationally and enjoy pitches and presentations and winning and retaining business in a highly competitive industry. Top job