R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client has been in operation since 2004. It is an entrepreneurial group that focuses on asset management, securities broking, healthcare and property among other.
They now seek a senior investment analyst to join their unlisted investment team. This is a new role as they have a significant amount of work and need skilled resources.
they have infrastructure credit and development and infrastructure credit deals. They are also extended their offering more pointedly and intensively into non SA opportunities.
The business sees this area as the engine of growth for their operation – and so this is an important hire.
You need to drive the investment process from origination to completion including negotiating deal terms/ the legals and have sufficient of a track record that all your interactions are credible.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to part of a team responsible for originating and executing investments, as well as on-going commercial management of these and other assets;
- New investments:
- You will be required to stay abreast of industry/sector developments;
- You will be required to assist members of the Investment team in the analysis and evaluation of transactions, including financial modelling, due diligence, writing reports / submissions to investment committee, reviewing reports to investment committee, post-investment monitoring activities, etc.;
- You will be required to lead the negotiation with target companies on transactions;
- You will be required to, together with the investments teams, help monitor the investment strategy target sectors, the participants, sponsors with a view to tracking current and future investment opportunities and understanding market risk profile;
- You will be required to provide analysis as required of the above markets to support investment committee papers and external presentations;
- You will be required to prepare / review complex financial models and perform detailed financial analysis;
- You will be required to perform financial valuation: discounted cash flow, multiples-based and other relevant financial analyses;
- You will be required to prepare and maintain power point slides for internal and external presentations;
- You will be required to prepare and present at investment committee meetings;
- You will be responsible for sourcing / securing potential investment opportunities aligned with the fund’s investment objectives and help maintain a healthy pipeline;
- You will be required to track market developments / press coverage and provide regular summary reports;
- You will be required to develop and maintain relationships with sector bodies, government departments / agencies as necessary to secure high quality, timely information;
- You will be responsible for reporting: operational and business reporting / financial performance monitoring; preparation of key management information/ performance indicators;
- You will be responsible for assisting with ad hoc duties as required by or assigned by management;
- Portfolio management function:
- You will be required to monitor key investment performance data from existing investments in the sectors;
- You will be responsible for information management: ensuring all key information from investees are obtained, and properly maintained (e.g., management accounts, finance reports and operational reports, board materials, budgets and business plans);
- You will be responsible for reporting: operational and business reporting / financial performance monitoring; preparation of key management information / performance indicators;
- You will be responsible for reporting: portfolio impact and environmental, social and governance aspects;
- You will be responsible for financial and risk analysis of individual investments and portfolio’s valuation, returns and cash yield, analysis of performance against investment case and budget, tracking of key risks;
- You will be responsible for engaging with the fund’s independent valuation agent, administrators and auditors;
- You will be responsible for assisting in liquidity management (short-term cash flow modelling and management) and transaction documentation compliance (incl. on fees / costs / expenses);
- You will be required to engage and work effectively with the external technical/legal / financial and other advisors, maintain databases of facilities, projects and pricing trends relating to the sectors;
- You will be responsible for investor engagement and handling specific investor reporting requirements and requests;
- You will be required to effectively represent the fund’s interests in investee companies;
- You will be required to assist the portfolio manager with portfolio exposure monitoring.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have superb leadership skills;
- You are mature;
- You have strong qualitative and quantitative valuation/analytical skills;
- You have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have self-motivated, committed work ethic and a drive for perfection as well as keen eye for detail;
- You have strong data management and research skills;
- You have the ability to perform under deadline pressure;
- You have problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue / action and drive resolution.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have an engineering + MBA qualification ( finance stream) You are an experienced unlisted investment analyst / senior analyst with ambitions to develop into an investment principal / portfolio management role over the next 2 – 3 years;
- You have a proven track record of leading transactions in the unlisted space including:
- Assessing opportunities for investment fit;
- Leading or playing a key role in the DD process;
- Managing external service providers such as legal and technical advisors;
- Negotiating key investment terms and translating these into agreements;
- Preparing reports and leading Investment Committees through the merits and risks identified in transactions;
- Financial modelling experience;
- A blend of equity and credit experience preferred with exposure to infrastructure investments and/ or private equity transactions;
- You have advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
This is an exciting role with smart, capable colleagues and a great future wrt succession planning and a happy work space in which to grow and develop!