Graduate type role- 1-2 years’ experience maximum.
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients and has grown to become one of Africa’s largest investment management companies. This company is an investment management firm focussed on building long-term wealth for their clients.
The company’s primary goal is to achieve long term wealth creation for its clients. It is critically important to ensure that its client base is diverse and more fairly represents the demographics of its target market within South Africa.
My client would like to see top graduates- smart, capable, technical, IT capable; hard working and friendly. High moral values and a self motivated manner are very important.
The Consultant role itself forms part of a longer term journey with this client., It is a feeder role into the ‘rest’ of the business. The Consultants are responsible for building trusting relationships with individualclients and independent financial advisors so they are assured they’re investing with the right company. This is done via various servicing channels i.e. inbound calls, emails or walk-in interactions.
The Consultant starts off their journey in the client services area by going through a rigorous 3 – 4 month training program where they learn all about our products, funds, processes and the systems we work on before entering their team. As a company they believe in growing their ‘own timber’ and so they invest a lot in their people development. After the 1.5 – 2 years in the role Consultants move into progressive roles within the business where they can apply the learning they’ve gained and the” rest is history”.They therefore look for talented individuals who have the determination and perseverance to make a success of their career and who appreciate that this is a journey.
They are focused on generating long-term wealth for their investors. We understand that even the most intelligent investment philosophy means nothing without quality minds to execute it, clients to benefit from it and highly professional and smart people to service those clients. Their steadfast commitment to long-term investing extends to their staff. This is why they aim to recruit and invest in individuals who are motivated and enthusiastic about achieving their long-term career goal.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to part of the team responsible for building and maintaining relationships with institutional clients and asset consultants through excellent client service and on the phone – its only incoming calls;
- You will be required to learn about the industry and investment-related issues through research and analysis, and by dealing with requests from internal and external stakeholders;
- You will be required to develop a deep understanding of financial markets, therefore having a keen interest in investments is important;
- You will be required to communicate effectively is a key requirement, as candidates may eventually be required to do client presentations. In performing this role, the successful candidate will develop a strong grounding in the asset management industry;
- You will be required to respond to client/consultant requests (including queries related to portfolio performance, strategy, positioning, regulatory issues and fees) in a detailed, accurate and timely manner;
- You will be required to prepare detailed, high-quality due diligence reports and presentations for our clients and their consultants, thereby facilitating a better understanding of our philosophy, business, people and processes;
- You will be required to carry out research relating to the asset management industry, the range of products and portfolios available both internally and externally, as well as local and global market and economic themes;
- You will be required to carry out research and performance analyses to improve the understanding of the investment products we offer;
- You will be required to provide ad hoc research and business support to the Investment team;
- You will be required to provide business and client servicing support for our offshore investment partner;
- You will be required to collaborate on projects to improve efficiencies within and promote higher functioning of the institutional client services team;
- You will be required to act as a key liaison between various departments within the business and our clients and their consultants.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong numerical, technical and analytical skills;
- You are conscientious, have a keen eye for detail and you are inquisitive;
- You have the ability to research, collate and synthesise data in a meaningful manner;
- You have strong interpersonal skills;
- You have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English and the ability to describe technical concepts in a simple way;
- You have the ability to work on different tasks simultaneously and under pressure;
- You are able to operate independently and within a dynamic team;
- You have the willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a degree (BCom, BEconSc, BSc, BBusSc) in a technical field such as accounting, actuarial science, economics, finance, statistics or engineering; or broader qualifications indicative of the skills and expertise;
- You have a strong academic track record;
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel.
Please send a one page CV with an introductory mail as to why you would be suitable should be sent to Claire on e mail.