R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is committed to quality investments that are sophisticated but simply structured and competitively priced.
They now seek a regional business development manager to join their investments sales team. You will report to the national business development manager.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for the provision of investment specific support to financial intermediaries, as well as the management of the Cape Town based investments specialists;
- You will be required to manage a team of investment specialists, to a specific target within the region;
- You will be required to position the company as the niche LISP for intermediaries in your region;
- You will be required to deliver on very specific flow targets for your region, including both LISP and all asset management capabilities;
- You will be required to provide the company’s national BD manager with detailed reporting on leads and opportunities per investment specialist and region;
- You will be responsible for excellent client services, including proactive response to intermediary needs;
- You will be required to supply intermediaries with accurate investment, product, fund, service and investor information;
- You will be responsible for training and developing the intermediary and support staff;
- You will be responsible for supporting investment projects and campaigns, with the ability to deliver investment presentations;
- You will be responsible for participating in investment product implementation;
- You will be responsible for presentations and 1 on 1 engagements around investments, from a 101 level to discussing the multi management value proposition;
- You will be responsible for regular formal report backs to the company’s management.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have demonstrable training delivery skills – these are essential;
- You have self-discipline to work unsupervised and to maintain CRM system;
- You are resilient and tenacious;
- You have strong presentation skills;
- You have relationship management – networking skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal & written) skills in English;
- You are performance driven;
- You have innovative thinking and problem-solving skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.Com· You have a CFP and / or investments related honours degree – t;
- You have the RE5;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant experience within the IFA, investment and linked product markets, preferably working at a LISP or retail asset management business;
- You have current, relevant sales management experience ·
- You have current, relevant discretionary fund manager’s and / or multi management experience –;
- You have knowledge of MSOffice – specifically a good understanding of both Powerpoint and Excel;
- You have current, relevant CRM experience;
- You have current, relevant client database experience – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a good technical knowledge of investments and investment industry & trends: Knowledge of discretionary fund manager’s, ASISA categories and related asset managers is a pre-requisite;
- You have a proven track record of sales ability and ability to expand the company’s business in the region by building long-term relationships with high net worth intermediaries.
Exciting role – good product offering and captive client base!