R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client believes in a better future. First and foremost, they are working towards a better future for their clients. They have entrusted the company with their investments and the company’s responsibility is to look after their capital. The company’s purpose is to help people around the globe enjoy a dignified retirement and to preserve wealth for future generations. Their culture supports innovation. The company values honest debate and the sharing of ideas. Their people are encouraged to challenge the status quo.
They now seek a creative marketing associate to join their team. You will report to the head of creative marketing SA. This is a new area of the business.
An outstanding opportunity to join a vibrant, dynamic and forward-looking marketing team, with a keen sense of commercial awareness driven in partnership with key business stakeholders.
The team is seeking a Cape Town-based strategic marketing associate, with digital marketing expertise, to devise and implement marketing strategies for the Africa business in close commercial collaboration with our in-market client-facing teams.
This role is for a suitably qualified employment equity candidate.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to work within the global marketing team, to formulate and execute local marketing strategy;
- Drive and deliver marketing campaign best practice:
- You will be responsible for working with marketing, client management, PR and events teams to maximize relevant distribution; Personal responsibility will be predominantly through digital channels;
- You will be responsible for establishing channel, platform and business relevant KPI’s and regular reporting;
- You will be responsible for management of performance marketing tracking & implementation;
- You will be responsible for setting and managing campaign deadlines and deliverables;
- You will be responsible for management of brand, production and media budgets;
- You will be responsible for production of briefs for internal and external teams;
- You will be responsible for ensure accuracy of marketing material;
- You will be responsible for agency management for media buying, creative production and strategy;
- You will be responsible for driving innovation at all opportunities for both local and global benefit, including smart use of technology
- You will be responsible for ensuring global alignment in campaign best practice.
- Liaison with other key stakeholders and teams:
- You will be responsible for understanding and aligning efforts towards the goals of the relevant client-facing business units, including their PR & comms activities in SA;
- You will be responsible for translating the core sales messages to the relevant marketing and relationship platforms;
- You will be responsible for driving relationship management, client experience and sales effectiveness/ innovation;
- You will be required to be the key member of the global marketing team, driving and leveraging global marketing best
- You will be responsible for ensuring that your team procedures are kept up-to-date;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all changes in business practice are taken through the appropriate business forums;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that regulatory, client and other corporate reporting deadlines are met;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that if handling client monies and client assets that they are properly protected, recorded and reconciled;
- You will be responsible for maintaining “chinese walls” / “ethical walls” with other parts of the group and within the company under the inside information requirements.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have strong project management skills;
- You have the ability to write, edit and proofread copy for promotional materials;
- You have an understanding of asset management industry;
- You have the ability to define, hone and work within budgets;
- You have the ability to ensure that brand and corporate identity is adhered to in campaigns and in all communication channels;
- You are diligent with a keen eye for detail;
- You are passionate about campaign management, marketing technology and innovation;
- You are comfortable with marketing technologies to deliver production efficiencies, and automation of key marketing collateral;
- You have strong creative and project management skills – this is essential;
- You have the ability to build strong relationships at all levels;
- You are able to deliver consistent, high-quality, innovative solutions to budget and deadlines.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.Com marketing as a minimum qualification/B.Bus Sc ( marketing) or any 4 year qualification in marketing from a respected institution;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant experience in financial servcies;
- You have current, relevant asset management experience – this is preferred;
- You have an in-depth knowledge of through-the-line marketing, with strong experience of digital marketing implementation, best practice and reporting;
- You have proven analytics knowledge and reporting discipline.