R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS to attract and entice
Our client is a consumer finance business that offers its customers a range of financial services products under its own brand name and in association with several leading retailers in South Africa, Namibia and Botswana. It is part of an international multinational. They have ambitious plans and the right resources in place to do so. This, however, is a critical role and will report to their new smart, forward thinking COO.
You will have 2 direct reports managing early and late stage and recoveries. You will have a wider team of approximately 150 (agents, team leaders etc.).
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be will be required to develop the collections and recoveries management strategies and robust operating models to ensure that collection and recovery performance is optimised with NPLs and bad debts remaining within budget; You will be responsible for ensuring that outsourced providers and partners deliver in line with agreed service levels and the company’s standards and policies;
- You will be required to ensure collection reductions, NPLs and bad debt performances are minimised within set targets and risk appetite;
- You will be required to develop collection strategies and practices to ensure performance targets are achieved;
- You will be required to ensure operations processes, systems and tools are optimised and consistently deliver to support the call centre and customers in a cost efficient and convenient manner;
- You will be required to participate in collections and recovery forecasting and budgets and manage actual performance in line with budgeted expectations;
- You will be required to provide strategic and best practice thought leadership in order to enhance competitive advantage;
- You will be required to develop and manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to enable the company to meet its strategic objectives;
- You will be responsible for effective integration with BNP regional and central teams and delivery of group requirements;
- You will be required to lead direct reports and their teams to ensure optimal performance, engagement and succession.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have honed business acumen;
- You are a strong leader;
- You are numerate and analytical;
- You have strong financial management skills and the understanding of profit and loss – particularly the cost of risk;
- You have a substantial understanding of collections, recoveries and fraud at operations and strategic level;
- You have a good awareness of the control environment within financial services;
- You have systems thinking skills;
- You are innovative and solutions focused;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have strong presentation skills;
- You are articulate, rational, coherent and persuasive;
- You are disciplined, business focused delivery and impact-astute;
- You have effective relationship management and collaboration skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.Com/B.Bus Sc/MBA/CA(SA);
- You have a minimum of 10 years’ current, relevant senior management experience within a collections and recoveries operations environment;
- You have current, relevant experience in financial services and/or a retail environment;
- You have current, relevant experience in developing and operationalising collections and EDC strategies;
- You have managed a call centre with a minimum of 150 people with both inbound and outbound call centre experience.
All consuming role for a skilled, experienced manager. Top role – influential position. Great leadership and superb rewards on performance!