Our client aims to consistently deliver superior investment performance. They think deeply and independently- constantly pursuing excellence for their clients. The company is a medium-sized, specialist investment management firm. They currently manage over R40 billion funds across the risk spectrum for
sophisticated institutional and private investors. The company has a diverse team of experienced investment professionals and they follow a valuation-oriented, contrarian investment philosophy. Staff own 49.9% of the business, which fosters an entrepreneurial spirit. The company culture encourages and enables clear, differentiated thinking. The company offers a narrow product range, focused only on areas where we believe we can excel for clients. IT systems and tools are employed extensively to enhance efficiency and productivity and the company outsource non-core functions to preserve a professional environment focused on investment decision making. They avoid unnecessary structure and continually search for ways to operate more efficiently. The company’s investment team is intentionally small with a flat operating structure and each member has input into investment decisions. The company is focused on attracting the best people to the company and we enable and incentivize them to deliver their best thinking and output. The company encourages accountability and rewards excellence through performance-based remuneration. The key characteristics inherent in the people are: flexible, curious and questioning; an inner drive and competitiveness to achieve superior performance; a strong intellectual ability and the drive to apply it deeply; courage and conviction to pursue original, unconventional thinking; the confidence to be contrarian.
They now seek a business development manager to join their team..
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to be a client oriented individual who is keen to use their knowledge of financial markets to share product and market knowledge with financial advisors;
- You will be required to build and maintain strong client relationships;
- You will be responsible for client visits including presentations to groups of clients and broker networks sometimes accompanied by an investment manager – servicing a client base situated in Cape Town as well as outlying areas (Boland, Eastern Cape, South Cape);
- You will be responsible for the preparation of regular communication to clients including reporting and explanation of performance;
- You will be responsible for growing assets from new clients and existing clients, identifying new avenues for business;
- You will be responsible for communication and management of client accounts – starting with a client base of varying sizes and growing over time;
- You will be required to pro-actively analyse client’s businesses to determine suitability of company funds for their requirements;
- You will be required to keep abreast of industry and competitor trends as well as investment markets so as to be able to engage clients on current topics;
- You will be required to be in a position to discuss financial planning concepts with clients;
- You will be required to maintain and constantly update client database through effective use of sales Logix.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have investment knowledge gained through working experience in the investment industry;
- You have excellent “selling skills”;
- You have superb relationship / people skills;
- You have honed presentation skills;
- You have service and sales orientation skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a minimum of B Com / CFP qualification – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a minimum 5 years current, relevant investment industry experience; in the sale of retail funds to IFA’s and LISP’s. Smart team – new role – as a result of growth. Open management style – friendly and accountable for own effort type culture.