R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a leading South African based stock broker and was established in 1996. They recently merged with a bigger financial services company and they are now looking to enhance and grow their team. You will be replacing someone who is moving to a new role in the business. They are a listed FS company but the CT operation is still small in number and entrepreneurial in focus.
It is a highly focussed environment where success is rewarded with healthy bonuses and a friendly, supportive work environment.
Flat management structure with the ability to implement decisions and make decisions and be responsible for you own actions.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to take operational responsibility for client equity and derivative exposure and risk calculation and reporting;
- You will be required to manage various back and middle office support functions and interact with the 3rd party administrator;
- You will be required to maintain, develop and improve customized daily and monthly valuation, exposure and risk reporting to clients;
- You will be required to operationally assist clients with their investments execution and dealing information;
- You will be responsible for interactions with various multi-managers, hedge funds, retirement funds, brokers and external administrators;
- You will be required to work as part of a small team (4) with final responsibility for allocated tasks;
- You will be responsible for working on highly specialised and non-vanilla instruments and portfolios;
- You will be responsible for exposure to a wide financial environment through various company departments.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are accurate with a keen eye for detail;
- You are able to work under pressure;
- You have the ability to take final responsibility for daily deliverables (ownership attitude);
- You have the ability to understand and manage overall processes while giving attention to detail;
- You have the ability to work in an constantly changing environment, often with deadline pressure;
- You have the ability to manage internal and external relationships with the different stakeholders;
- You are consistent and have a high standard of work daily.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a minimum B.Bus Sc
- You have current, relevant experience in the derivative and hedge fund industry;
- You have strong Excel skills – macro level and VBA experience is essential;
- You have an understanding of Excel macros important;
- You have a minimum of 3 years current, relevant experience in the industry; you are numerate and have a strong logical focus to your work output;
- You have a working knowledge of derivatives;
- You have a working knowledge of hedge fund instruments and valuation of same.