R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a holding company with investments in property, share & investment portfolio, and private equity. The company is a reputable and trustworthy business focussing mainly on commercial property It is a family trust.
They now seek a manager to join their team to work with their FD/MD. It is a small operation in staff number but significant in terms of foot print and ‘size’.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to provide assistance to the managing director across all businesses / projects within the group;
- You will be responsible for a high level of analysis to be performed as well as agreements / documentation review and drafting;
- You will be responsible for aassisting the managing directors in all aspects of the family office;
- You will be responsible for analyzing and researching property investments in South Africa and offshore in line with the group’s return expectations and in terms of the various investment models;
- You will be responsible for performing due diligence investigations on target properties which includes performing IRR calculations, briefing professional advisors and reviewing of their reports, research of the property fundamentals to support strong terminal values, etc.;
- You will be responsible for reviewing legal agreements to ensure they are aligned to the respective negotiations;
- You will be responsible for analyzing the performance of share portfolio managers and private equity managers;
- You will be responsible for preparing consolidated financial models and cash flows forecasts in order to review the historic, current and projected performance of the group’s local and offshore investments;
- You will be responsible for preparing deal structure MOU’s;
- You will be responsible for preparing property/deal reports for funding applications;
- You will be responsible for reviewing the financial, tax and compliance affairs of the various group entities;
- You will be responsible for managing and overseeing the family’s offshore structures in Nevis, BVI and the UK;
- You will be responsible for liaising with corporate services providers, accountants and lawyers regarding the family’s affairs;
- You will be responsible for liaising with auditors.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have strong financial modelling skills; this is essential – VBA/Excel to Macro level;
- You are a well organised individual with high performance and quality standards;
- You have strong financial modelling skills;
- You have strong drafting skills for term sheets / legal agreements;
- You are analytically minded with the ability to work with minimal instruction.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are registered as a CFA or part and a CA(SA)– max 2 post articles experience in FS/wealth management;
- You have a keen interest in property and up to date knowledge of economics, investments and relevant markets;
- You have current, relevant experienced in review of legal documentation and a good working command of the English language;
- Great team – focussed role. Friendly, professional MD and highly discreet space.