R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS AN ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a global player in financial services operating in Africa, South East Asia, India and the UK. Placing its clients at the heart of the operation, this division within the group is at the forefront of cutting edge technology and innovative thinking thereby creating an environment for its people to collaborate and be the best they can be.
The company is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The group operates in the market through multiple client-facing brands including insurance and investment brands, South Africa’s number one cell captive insurer and wellness & rewards programme. The company operates in 14 countries, 12 in the African continent, United Kingdom and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures. The company’s purpose is to enhance the lifetime financial wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime. Their promise to their clients is to be their financial wellness partner over this life-long journey, using the company’s expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals.
They now seek an institutional sales specialist to join their team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified, affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to identify opportunities and develop relationships with institutional investors and investment consultants in assigned institutional market channels;
- You will be required to identify opportunities and build new relationships to penetrate financial markets and drive revenue growth:
- Internal processes:
- You will be required to, in collaboration with internal distribution stakeholders, develop and implement an overarching investment strategy that will enable the total value proposition of outcomes based investing;.
- You will be required to identify and cultivate prospects and/or clients to enable revenue growth;
- You will be required to drive the investment distribution model to enable the outcomes of the institutional business strategy with all relevant stakeholders;
- You will be required to initiate and leverage on new market opportunities to develop new client relationships and accounts;
- You will be required to identify and leverage of accelerated market growth opportunities as well as to plan for market barriers to the enabling distribution strategy;
- You will be required to drive a sustainable retention strategy for existing and new clients;
- You will be required to provide exceptional relationship management to service and support investors by adapting solutions to their changing requirements;
- You will be required to develop and implement proactive, creative and on-going initiatives aimed at enlarging the scope of existing client relationships;
- You will be required to act as a liaison to the investment management groups to ensure alignment and drive active support of the sales and marketing process;
- You will be required to contribute to the development and launching of new products and ensure that product and sales materials are updated for relevant presentations and/or meetings;
- You will be required to build and maintain relationships with institutional/corporate clients and manage corporate distribution sales;
- You will be required to contribute to the development and implementation of brand building initiatives to drive brand visibility;
- Internal processes:
- You will be required to enable client centricity within area of responsibility:
- Client services:
- You will be required to build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders;
- You will be required to deliver on expectations to clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed;
- You will be required to make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility;
- You will be required to participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service;
- You will be required to continuously monitor turnaround times and quality standards and resolve issues speedily to enhance client service delivery;
- You will be required to drive client service delivery goal achievement in line with predefined standards in order to ensure that clients receive appropriate advice and after sales service;
- You will be required to manage client query processes and ensure that queries are tracked, accurately resolved and used as a mechanism to improve client service and business processes;
- Client services:
- You will be required to contribute to financial controls and planning:
- You will be required to identify solutions to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency;
- You will be required to manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect;
- You will be required to control the budget for area, including the authorisation of expenditures and implementation of financial regulations;
- You will be required to manage high risk and problematic financial issues in area of accountability and contribute to the development of policy.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a sense of urgency;
- You have excellent sales and negotiating skills;
- You have commercial thinking and business acumen;
- You have honed presentation and facilitation skills;
- You have exceptional consultation skills and ability to meet the client where they are at;
- You have the ability to build strong relationships;
- You have business acumen:
- You are able to understand how the business operates, what the key issues and risks are that drives business success; and how they impact on the commercial viability of potential ventures and the profitability of the group;
- Client commitment:
- You are able to anticipate, meet and exceed client’s needs by creating long lasting relationships that support the client value proposition, support their financial wellness and ensures client centricity;
- Drive for results:
- You are able to drive a sense of urgency, focus, accountability, agility and execution to deliver business results;
- Lead change and innovation:
- You are able to actively lead change, do what is right for the business and drives continuous improvement through innovation;
- You are able to prioritise the business interests of the company and invest in the success of the group by aligning effort across divisions;
- Impact and influence:
- You are able to persuade, convince, influence and inspire others, both within the company and externally to win support, loyalty and gain commitment to the purpose of the company;
- Diversity and inclusiveness:
- You are sensitive to individual and cultural similarities and differences and demonstrates humility and an openness to engage people from diverse backgrounds and cultures to the mutual benefit of all parties concerned;
- Marketing leadership:
- You are able to deliver marketing initiatives that are compelling, concise and impactful. Provide strategic direction for the design and implementation of brand initiatives.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CFA – or part/B.Com/B.Bus Sc;
- You have a minimum of 5 – 7 years current, relevant experience in investment / wealth management in a business development role.
- You have an in-depth product and broad investment knowledge;
- You have an understanding of financial markets and investment vehicles.
You are credible, have an enviable track record of successful relationships with trustees of pension and provident funds and investment consutants and you enjoy marketing products and services at are tailored to the individual client. You pride yourself on your value added service and would like to ‘showcase’ this where it will be valued and appreciated!