R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client has been in operation since 2004. It is an entrepreneurial group that focuses on asset management, securities broking, healthcare and property. They have a successful track record and a smart, youthful, professional and happy investment team.
They now seek an absolute return co-portfolio manager to join their team. This is a brand new role!
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to act as a co-portfolio manager (absolute return funds) across different portfolios, clients and product offerings;
- You will be required to assist in managing the absolute return portfolios utilising an approved investment process whilst observing all legal, statutory and client mandate specific requirements as well as internal policies, procedures and controls;
- You will be required to assist in all aspects of the investment process;
- You will be required to form investment and macro-economic views to drive asset allocation;
- You will be required to develop and implement tactical asset allocation models and repeatable tactical asset allocation frameworks;
- You will be required to develop and implement investment strategies in underlying asset classes;
- You will be required to support with mentoring and growing the skills and capabilities of fellow analysts;
- You will be required to play a key role in enhancing and advancing / improving the ARF and equity research process;
- You will be required to produce research reports / articles for internal research and marketing purposes;
- You will be required to report back to clients on fund performance and outlook;
- You will be required to present the fund strategy to prospective clients;
- You will be required to assist in any other responsibilities that the director of investments or the chief investment officer may assign to the employee.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a great sense of self and are confident but not brash;
- You have strong qualitative and quantitative valuation/analytical skills; and a track record to prove it;
- You have excellent problem solving skills and a strong demonstrable analytic ability;
- You have honed interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You are self motivated; have a committed work ethic and you strive for excellence;
- You have strong data management and research skills;
- You have the ability to perform well – under deadline pressure;
- You have the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a minimum B.Com (hons); B.Bus Sc;
- You have a M.Com – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You are a CFA – this would be a distinct advantage;
Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills;
A positive disposition; a track record of success and an interest in working with a strong team and an skilled manager.