R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Top asset manager. New CFO – new exciting opportunity!
This global, top performing asset manager, headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland, Ireland, Namibia and the United Kingdom.
They now seek an financial accountant to join their team. You will report to the chief financial officer. This role is for a suitably qualified affirmative action candidate.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to part of the finance team that produces and analyses critical management information for the group as well as statutory accounting functions.
- You will be responsible for maintaining monthly financial records of the company as well as preparation of management accounts;
- You will be responsible for the compilation of annual financial statements and quarterly board packs of company as well as supporting the company’s consolidated submissions;
- You will be responsible for liaising with auditors for completion of the abovementioned financial statements as well as the financial statements of:
- Unit trusts;
- Hedge funds;
- You will be responsible for tax and regulatory submissions for the company including the following critical tasks:
- You will be responsible for timeous submission of annual and quarterly returns to FSB (solvency asset management) for the company;
- You will be responsible for quarterly submission of SARB return for the company;
- You will be responsible for bi-annual submission of the ASISA Life Stats;
- You will be responsible for completion and submission of the group own risk solvency;
- You will be responsible for assessment (ORSA) report to the FSB which requires input from risk and compliance department, statutory actuaries as well as directors of coronation life assurance and company board.
- You will be responsible for completion of the required SARS submissions for the company along with dividend withholding tax submissions for unit trusts and hedge funds;
- You will be required to compile data for the company’s BEE compliance.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a self-starter and goal driven;
- You have the ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines;
- You have a keen eye for detail ·
- You are a team player and provide support and back-up when required;
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have a minimum of 2 – 3 years post qualifications experience in financial services;
- You have a strong understanding of long term life assurance company accounting;
- You have an understanding of company valuation methodologies.
You are smart, friendly, can do, well presented and a good financial accountant. You want to work with smart people and add value and be rewarded for same. Dynamic, forward thinking business culture.