R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a leading provider of investment and retirement solutions for corporates, retirement funds and institutions. The team specialises in investment solutions pre- and post-retirement, including annuities, guaranteed investment products, life-pooled and tailored investment solutions. The company is consistently looking for innovative ways to meet clients’ needs.
They now seek an investment specialist to join their team. This is the lifestage investment business. This role will span both areas – LDI and life stage investments. This is a small team and there is constant cross skilling and so there is also the opportunity to get involved in smooth bonus portfolio’s and annuities. You are a smart, can do, high energy, driver driver Investment specialist. You are known as someone who ‘gets things done. There are also actuaries and actuarial specialists who will support you in your role and part of this specialist team. Key elements of success include:
- Technical and strategic work in terms of developing and maintaining investment solutions. Therefore, a good understanding of the investment market and industry is key.
- Ability to understand (or over time, learn) complex investment strategies, ranging from passive, balanced, multimanager, derivative-based, liability-driven investments etc.
- Attention to detail is very important.
- Self-starter – ability to be given a project and run with it with minimal guidance.
- Need to be superb with clients – maintain a portfolio of clients, attend to client queries, and performing report backs to existing clients and pitches to new clients over time (ideally within 3 to 6 months)
- An attitude to get things done well is most important for me.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to work closely with the heads of the various businesses, assisting them in meeting the team objectives in terms of profitability and growth while driving innovation and client centricity;
- You will have the opportunity to engage with portfolio managers on a daily basis as well as fulfil a vital role in developing and maintaining investment products for institutional clients;
- Investment product support:
- You will be required to form an integral part between the product teams and the portfolio managers to ensure the product delivers optimally according to the clients’ needs;
- You will be required to ddetermine investment strategies and investment mandates given to portfolio managers;
- You will be required to monitor investment strategies and mandates;
- You will be required to contribute to specialised investment proposals and client feedback;
- You will be required to assist with regular investment reporting;
- You will be required to provide technical investment and product support to the distribution team;
- Management information:
- You will be required to gather business and technical requirements through investigations and analysis;
- You will be required to recognize, identify, and document changes to existing business processes when relevant to implementation;
- You will be required to monitor business opportunities and investment flows;
- You will be required to provide effective management information;
- Stakeholder engagement:
- You will be required to consult and engage with key stakeholders including actuarial, administration, product owners, intermediaries and clients;
- You will be required to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients;
- You will be required to, over time, deliver presentations to existing clients, and new business pitches to prospective clients;
- Thought leadership and solution development:
- You will be required to contribute to thought leadership through research, idea generation and idea testing;
- You will be required to assist with product development, enhancing of existing solutions and implementation of new solutions.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are proactive and a self-starter;
- You have the ability to use initiative and work independently;
- You have strong problem solving and decision making skills;
- You are client centric orientated;
- You have excellent planning and organizational skills;
- You have the ability to collaborate within a team;
- You are able to demonstrate living the company’s values – care, courage to be bold and intolerance of mediocrity.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a B.Com or B.Bus Sc with progress toward attaining the CFA qualification(s);
- You have a minimum of 3 – 5 years’ current, relevant experience in an investments and / or Employee Benefits environment –
- You have proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
You are keen to work in a successful business – and use your expert skill in this niche business unit.