R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE to attract and entice
Our client comprises investment, life assurance, asset management, risk products, healthcare and general insurance, and has at its core one of the largest advice-based distribution capabilities in the South African industry. Historically the most powerful life assurance brand in the country, the company is now increasingly perceived as a leading savings and investment brand.
The company is one of the Top Employer in South Africa and Ghana and remains the Industry Leader in Financial Services and Insurance. They have also been certified as a Top Employer in all the 13 countries across the African continent They now seek a group assurance executive to join their team.
This particular division is one of the largest providers of Group Risk benefits in the South African market, and is primarily responsible for risk management and profitability of Group Risk benefits through optimal pricing, claims and underwriting strategies.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified, previously disadvantaged affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to set direction for this operational unit and develops and takes accountability for a business plan which is aligned to the segment strategy (consolidation of level 3 plans);
- You will be required to integrate delivery and metrics across the people, process, finance and customer dimensions of the business at a strategic or tactical level;
- You will be required to deliver on strategic projects as sponsor or owner;
- You will be required to manage direct (claims manager & senior specialists) and indirect reports (team leaders / clerical staff);
- You will be responsible for thought leadership and best operating practice in response to external environment;
- You will be responsible for setting IT direction in own area of control. You will be required to have strong focus on cross functional operation and networking across internal and external boundaries;
- You will be required to manage between 80 – 150 staff (as a guideline), including managers at multiple levels;
- You will be required to have a strong focus on direction setting and achieving operational results through building a strong operational management (operations manager) team, with support functions (HR, communication, process management etc.);
- You will be required to have the ability to operate operationally, tactically and strategically;
- You will be required to strong focus on the customer and maintaining the customer relationships;
- You will be responsible for maintaining of current accounts whilst focusing on new business).
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are strategic;
- You are able to lead with influence;
- You have collaboration skills;
- You have personal mastery (learning) skills;
- You are innovative (perspective);
- You have execution skills;
- You are able to put the customer first.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a qualified actuary or part qualified with a minimum of 8 years current, relevant actuarial experience (of which a minimum of 5 years is post the qualification and in financial services).
TOP job – huge challenges and opportunity. Superb reward. Happy, smiling and busy team!
Open management style – receptive to change and new ideas!