R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS to attract and entice skilled retail business development candidates
Our client is a licensed discretionary investment manager specialising in the management of investments for both institutional and retail investors. They have an enviable track record and are a listed entity with a significant Africa and global footprint.
This is a leading asset manager with a comprehensive range of listed and unlisted investment capabilities. Their vision is to generate sustainable long-term returns for their clients that make a difference in their life and their mission is to relentlessly pursue investment excellence in order to grow the clients’ wealth over long periods of time. This client was honoured to receive the accolade for Best Managed Company in SA at the Top 500 Awards. The client is passionate about being as invested as their clients in a future that matters by investing their own money alongside their clients. That way they ensure their interests are entirely aligned with the clients. To deliver the vision they invest in people with exceptional talent, focus and ethics and focus on unlocking their excellence in an environment where teams can galvanise and prosper over time.
They now seek two fund specialists to join their team. You will report to the MD of the MANCO.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified, previously disadvantaged affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for supporting and promoting the company’s funds in the retail investment market;
- You will be required to act as regional technical specialist for all queries related to the company’s funds via the various channels primarily the IFA space;
- You will be required to assist planners to choose most appropriate funds to meet their clients’ investment objectives;
- You will be required to work closely with distribution channels to strengthen the company brand amongst planners and clients;
- You will be required to identify opportunities to promote and utilize the company’s funds;
- You will be required to work closely with fund managers to understand fund positioning and interpret this in market-appropriate manner;
- You will be required to assist the distribution channels (tied and independent) in strengthening the company brand amongst targeted brokers and potential clients;
- You will be required to assist with the development of sales staff in terms of product knowledge, industry knowledge, competitor knowledge, product positioning and sales abilities;
- You will be required to partner the internal distribution channels (tied and independent) to identifying opportunities with planners to utilize company products and services;
- You will be required to partner the internal distribution channels (tied and independent) in retaining existing business;
- You will be required to work alongside the wealth distribution team to ensure we get to the correct planners across the distribution channels.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong collaboration skills;
- You are able to put the customer first;
- You are innovative (perspective);
- You are able to lead with influence;
- You have personal mastery (learning);
- You are strategic.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Com;
- You have a minimum of 3 – 5 years current, relevant experience within asset management; in the area of business development of retail funds;
- You are a CFP.
This unit has had a whole new relook and rejig – and are on the up and up so want to pepper their business with winning sales people!