R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client comprises of three existing businesses. They provide tailored integrated solutions for targeted corporate clients both in South Africa and across the African continent.
They now seek a head: remuneration and benefits to join their team. You will report to the head of human resources.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for managing the full remuneration function for the company, administering the benefits relevant to the business units as well as managing the payroll and remuneration implementation team.
- You will be required to develop a remuneration and compensation strategy for the cluster, by understanding the company’s business drivers and the appropriate benefit and reward mechanisms to apply to the business and its employees;
- You will be responsible for stakeholder engagement regarding the implementation of a fit for purpose remuneration philosophy, the impact to the business and the resulting implementation thereof;
- You will be required to keep abreast of remuneration and benefits drivers in Industry so that our policies and practices remain competitive; You will be required to provide insights and innovation to the business on the above;
- You will be required to drive analytical rigor and deep analysis, ensure the competitiveness of existing programs, establish and drive key metrics in the businesses effectiveness of the remuneration and benefits policies and practices;
- Management of the remuneration function:
- You will be required to implement the remuneration cycle in terms of benchmarking, increases, short and long term incentive cycles;
- You will be responsible for benchmarking and categorising of new and existing roles to the classification structure;
- You will be responsible for providing governance and advice to the unit to ensure that there is equity and fairness of approach in rewarding and compensating our employees;
- You will be responsible for developing the remuneration reports for the business;
- Management of policies and governance:
- You will be required to be the key stakeholder for all the company’s unit benefit policies;
- You will be responsible for updating and renewal of policies as business need determines;
- You will be responsible for advising on policy implementation, benefit administration for maternity, retrenchment, long service, awards, visa process, work permits, etc.;
- You will be required to ensure the implementation of group driven remuneration initiatives in the business;
- Management of the payroll function:
- You will be responsible for the payroll input for the unit in terms of recruitment, terminations, and any changes to payroll;
- You will be required monitor the accuracy and timeliness of completed documentation and payroll upload;
- You will be responsible for query escalation for the company employees on payroll related matters;
- You will be responsible for the communication to staff on all payroll related processes & related activities;
- You will be responsible for liaison with stakeholders on behalf of employees to ensure smooth implementation of benefits due, e.g. medical aid, UIF, pension fund;
- You will be responsible for management of the SLA with the payroll provider to deliver the unit’s requirements;
- Managing the HR committee process for the unit in terms of all the governance related to Remuneration and benefits:
- You will be required to develop the HR committee pack, and the timeous delivery of input into this process;
- You will be required to engage with stakeholders regarding the content to be tabled for approval;
- You will be required to implement the decisions ratified at the committee;
- Management of the payroll and remuneration team; coach and mentor team members to improve their own productivity and use of process and systems:
- You will be responsible for stakeholder engagement with the group, group remuneration forum, external remuneration data providers and business Excos.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a strong ability to organize and prioritize;
- You have a keen eye for detail and a proactive attitude;
- You are client centric orientated;
- You have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills;
- You are results focused and display energy when performing tasks;
- You have the ability to work independently;
- You are innovative and demonstrates initiative;
- You have the ability to perform well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- You display professionalism;
- You have the ability to collaborate and pull information together;
- You are proactive and a team player.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B Degree, SARA qualification – this is essential;
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ current, relevant experience in a remuneration specialist role/ at a senior remuneration level;
- You have payroll / benefits management experience – this would be essential;
- You are able to manage a team / have proven leadership skills;
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Big important role.