R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS- to attract and entice talent that is probably not in the market.
Our client is a licensed discretionary investment manager specialising in the management of investments for both institutional and retail investors. They have an enviable track record and are a listed entity with a significant Africa and global footprint.
Leading investment manager with a comprehensive range of listed and unlisted investment capabilities and significant assets under management seek a new resource. Their vision is to generate sustainable long-term returns for their clients that make a difference in their life. In addition they hope to relentlessly pursue investment excellence in order to grow clients’ wealth over long periods of time. This client is passionate about being as invested as their clients in a future that matters by investing their own money alongside their clients. That way they ensure our interests are entirely aligned with theirs. To deliver on this vision they invest in people with exceptional talent, focus and ethics and focus on unlocking their excellence in an environment where teams can galvanise and prosper over time.
They now seek a macro investment strategist. This newly-created role is a broad strategic investment role focused on macro research and associated recommendations.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified, previously disadvantaged affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You have a postgraduate qualification (with economics / finance);
- You are a CFA –
- You have a minimum of 8 years’ current, relevant experience;
- You have current, relevant global experience;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant experience in an investment / finance environment;
- You have a track record of investment value add/alpha;
- You meet FAIS requirements education and experience;
- You have an ability to synthesise a large mass of economic, industry and company information and to effectively analyse this and formulate an investment rationale;
- You have experience in computer modeling (Advanced Excel, VBA) with particular emphasis on designing and building financial models;
- You have a willingness to travel.
HUGE role – succession planning has resulted in this new role. Top performing team. Smart, mature, experienced portfolio managers who really know what they are doing and are providing superior returns for their clients. This role is one that you would take up to catapult your career to the next level and have superb opportunities open up to you wrt exposure and remuneration on performance.