R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS – you are not in the market but would be attracted to the brand and the remuneration in equal measure.
Our client is a licensed discretionary investment manager specialising in the management of investments for both institutional and retail investors. They have an enviable track record and are a listed entity with a significant Africa and global footprint.
Leading investment manager with a comprehensive range of listed and unlisted investment capabilities and significant assets under management seek a new resource. Their vision is to generate sustainable long-term returns for their clients that make a difference in their life. In addition they hope to relentlessly pursue investment excellence in order to grow clients’ wealth over long periods of time. This client is passionate about being as invested as their clients in a future that matters by investing their own money alongside their clients. That way they ensure our interests are entirely aligned with theirs. To deliver on this vision they invest in people with exceptional talent, focus and ethics and focus on unlocking their excellence in an environment where teams can galvanise and prosper over time.
They now seek a Client Director to work for the head of all business development.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified, previously disadvantaged affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for strategically developing and managing the company’s institutional client relationships in a specific and clearly defined market segment;
- You will be required to develop and manage institutional client relationships in a specific market segment;
- You will be required to develop a detailed understanding of the market opportunity in the respective segment;
- You will be required to develop an account management plan for potential clients in the segment and integrate and manage the plan;
- You will be required to prepare opportunity plans for clients in the segment, and manage and oversee the execution of the opportunity plans and the delivery of follow up actions across the company;
- You will be required to assist in the design, review and preparation of client, business, boutique and product documentation including brochures, due diligence questionnaires, placement memoranda, fund facts sheets, tender documents, presentations, monthly and quarterly reports etc.;
- You will be required to provide regular formal feedback on the status of client relationships in the segment including activities, opportunities and risks.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a self-starter;
- You have excellent inter-personal skills;
- You are a strategic thinker;
- You have strong technical knowledge of investments;
- You have planning and organizing skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have excellent presentation skills;
- You have demonstrable client service orientation skills;
- You are innovative and solutions focused.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BCom, BBusSc, BSc;/CFA part+ CFP;
- You are able to meet FAIS fit and proper requirements for an authorized representative;
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ current, relevant experience in institutional business development or client service o in a senior role;
- You have an understanding of local and international financial markets, economics and politics.
This is a BIG IMPORTAN VISIBLE ROLE. You have a track record of successful management of institutional trustee relationships. Knowledge of local and international markets. Working relationships with asset consultants. Ability to bring in new business and service large clients who are already invested.