R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS AN ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client provides discretionary investment management services to the clients of leading financial advisers and private wealth managers. The business is designed to confer a material competitive advantage that places advisers at the forefront of developments in financial planning and wealth management. Our services are aimed at firms seeking a ‘safe pair of hands’ to partner with, particularly those wanting to combine individualised advice with a scalable operating model. The company’s offering remains globally unique. The company operates in South Africa, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, and Sweden, with a distribution presence in South East Asia. Assets under management exceed R24 billion at June 2018, up from only R1 billion 5 years ago. Their investment process has yielded market-leading performance in the multi-asset space in both SA and the UK. They have pioneered techniques in asset allocation, portfolio optimisation, risk management and portfolio construction that place us at the cutting edge of the profession globally. Furthermore, the company have a significant technology R&D capability and invest significantly in Financial Personality Assessments, Cash Flow Modelling / Financial Needs Analysis, Investor Reporting, Investor Tools. It is the consistency of their investment outcomes and ability to get ranges of risk-profiled portfolios to perform as expected relative to each other that has attracted the attention of top advisers and fundamentally differentiates the company from the standard DFM asset consulting models.
They now seek a business development manager to join their team. Report to the CEO and be involved in all aspects of the retail business. This is a hunter role but you will also have existing clients to manage.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to develop a strategic vision & execute a distribution strategy;
- You will be required to have an intimate understanding of the benefits of the company’s offering and pitch it at a senior level;
- You will be required to have a clear understanding of the challenges & opportunities in the distribution landscape;
- You will be required to have the ability to understand opportunities and costs to drive profit;
- You will be required to identify prospects, develop leads, sell the benefits of the company’s proposition and establish long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with clients;
- You will be required to develop the technical skills and know-how to be effective at positioning the proposition;
- You will be required to help enable and support team members;
- You will be required to contribute to our dynamic team culture.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are ambitious;
- You are self-driven;
- You are a deal-maker who will project the company’s ethos and take the asset management and technology offering to the top-end wealth management and institutional / employee benefits market;
- You have knowledge of the IFA market, ideally with established networks;
- You are able to think strategically;
- You have strong organisational abilities;
- You are able to work comfortably independently as well as within the team;
- You have a keen awareness for business opportunities and skilled at building and maintaining relationships;
- You are able to demonstrate initiative and a can-do approach to life;
- You have difficulty with the spelling of the word “complacent”;
- You have a reputation for integrity and the ability to build trust and openness in those they deal with;
- You have the ability to work in a fluid, entrepreneurial team whilst still being able to self-manage in a structured way;
- You have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English;
- You are comfortable working with technology.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a post graduate degree – investment-related /CFP·
- You have a proven business development track record when pitching to sophisticated prospects in the retail investments space – ;
- You will become an expert on the company’s investment proposition and work closely with their asset management team, technology and client services team;
- You have have a strong working knowledge of (and contacts within) the wealth management industry- this is important to ensure your success;
- You have current, relevant experience in the institutional and EB space – this would be a distinct advantage as there is also a client that you would look at from an asset consulting point of view.
- Direct industry exposure aside, your experience of life should reflect striving for goals and a healthy ambition; the ability to push oneself and have high self expectations.
There should be evidence of success (measured subjectively at a personal level) across the broader aspects of life, as well as a preparedness to risk failure in pursuit of worthy goals.
This is a dynamic, growing, nimble business – so they want someone who is capable of working unsupervised and also enjoys managing multiple priorities – you have a good product to sell and the correct support but it is not a corporate business.