R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients since 1974 has grown to become Africa’s largest privately owned investment management company. The company is an investment management firm focussed on building long-term wealth for their clients.
They now seek a senior business analyst to join their team. This is a new role – the business is growing and evolving daily.
The Senior Business Analyst role encompasses elements of business, systems and data analysis, all within the context of a cross-functional software delivery team. Our client is looking for a dynamic individual who will be able to help them drive their digital BPM transformation. The ideal candidate for this position is detail-oriented, highly analytical, a clear communicator, accustomed to working in a technological environment with multiple integrated systems and has experience in the financial services industry. The successful incumbent will be responsible for translating business needs into IT solutions, coordinating the delivery of these solutions and refining them over time.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for serving as the primary link between various business units and the software development team;
- You will be responsible for building a deep understanding of the key business processes, people and IT systems that support them;
- You will be responsible for gathering, analysing and documenting both business and system requirements;
- You will be responsible for understanding the flow of data through the various systems in our environment;
- You will be responsible for informing business solution design, based on an understanding of industry best practice, technical constraints and opportunities;
- You will be responsible for communicating with stakeholders and providing sufficient information to allow for informed business decisions;
- You will be responsible for collaborating with developers to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between business and system requirements;
- You will be responsible for coordinating with other development teams to highlight interdependencies;
- You will be responsible for assessing scope of projects and assisting with planning and prioritisation;
- You will be responsible for supporting and driving implementation of projects (including testing in some cases);
- You will be responsible for supporting users in their adoption and use of these new solutions.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have superior problem-solving through applying analytical and critical thinking skills: Technology at the company is an enabler in delivering exceptional service to our clients. You will be expected to first-and-foremost be a problem-solver, and facilitate meeting clients’ needs through the innovative application of technology;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English: You will have to communicate the business requirement to their development team, as well as the technical opportunities and constraints to their business stakeholders;
- You are passionate for optimisation: You are passionate about removing inefficiencies and optimising business operations, both through process changes and technology enhancements;
- You have basic SQL skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have any background / degree in an analytical, quantitative field such as computer science, engineering, business science or similar;
- a strong interest in technology generally and financial servicesin particular backed up with relevant financial services industry experience;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant industry and business analysis experience;
- You have current, relevant experience working with software development teams and managing complex software projects;
- You have current, relevant experience in the LISP industry or investment and fund administration services;
- You have current, relevant experience working in an Agile software delivery environment;
- You have current, relevant experience with BPM, Lean Six Sigma, or Continuous Process Improvement methodologies – this would be beneficial.
You are smart, capable and friendly. You are hard working and self motivated. This is an amazing company – they provide service of the optimal level to their clients and care sincerely re their staff .