R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a proprietary investment business and an alternatives investment manager. Through its capital market activities, the company delivers above-average, risk-adjusted returns for a predetermined level of risk to shareholders. The company is a leading multi-boutique asset manager with a comprehensive range of listed and unlisted investment capabilities and more than R600bn assets under management. Their vision is to generate sustainable long-term returns for their clients that make a difference in their life and their mission is to relentlessly pursue investment excellence, within and across their boutiques, in order to grow their clients’ wealth over long periods of time. They were honoured in 2018 to receive the accolade for best managed company in SA at the Top 500 Awards. They were also acknowledged as the best performing responsible investment asset manager (Kigoda RI ranking 2017). The company are passionate about being as invested as their clients in a future that matters by investing their own money alongside their clients. That way the company ensures their interests are entirely aligned with theirs. To deliver on their vision they invest in people with exceptional talent, focus and ethics and focus on unlocking their excellence in an environment where teams can galvanise and prosper over time.
They now seek a junior debt originator to join the team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified, previously disadvantaged affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for analysing, processing and monitoring of corporate debt transactions in South Africa;
- You will be responsible for assisting with execution of transactions originated by the broader team;
- You will be responsible for conducting detailed screening and investment analysis on potential investment opportunities;
- You will be responsible for managing key client relationships relating to investment opportunities identified;
- You will be responsible for developing the documentation related to external and internal client engagements, including credit and investment committee submissions;
- You will be responsible for reviewing and negotiating commercial legal documentation related to approved transactions;
- You will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on transactions (including post deal implementation and management);
- You will be responsible for providing specialized opinions to external and internal clients;
- You will be responsible for assisting in the primary origination function in other sectors within the company’s debt origination team;
- You will be responsible for assisting in preparation of strategy documentation for the debt origination team;
- You will be responsible for assisting with the reporting and administration relating to the credit and investment committees.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong relationship management skills;
- You are a team player;
- You have a high sense of responsibility;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have the ability to process large volumes of information;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have strong technical and analytical skills;
- You have advanced MS Excel and financial modelling skills;
- You have strong planning & organizational skills;
- You are resilient and have an entrepreneurial attitude;
- You have the ability to perform well under pressure;
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B Com hnrs, B Bus Sc;
- You are a CA (SA) with clients at audit in financial services and / or CFA part – this is preferable;
- You have an understanding of corporate listed and unlisted credit, fixed income, BEE and private equity markets;
- You are articulate and confident with a strong commercial focus;
- You have well developed financial modelling and report writing skills;
- You have current, relevant experience in reviewing commercial legal agreements – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have a minimum of 2 – 3 years current, relevant work experience –
You are smart, capable and competent. You want to work in the world of debt origination and investment banking and with a smart team. This is the opportunity!