R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a leading fixed-income asset manager and specialist investment company which manages the full range of interest bearing and developmental investments in an ethical and sustainable way. The company is dedicated to the development and empowerment of South Africa and its people, with many of their investment offerings geared towards a meaningful difference to their world.
They now seek a quantitative analyst to join their investment team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for quantitative research, development and implementation in the investment team;
- You will be responsible for customers: interest rate team; credit team; dealing desk and enterprise solutions team;
- You will be required to organise and quantitatively analyse fixed income data using a combination of computer science and applied mathematics competencies;
- You will be required to interrogate and optimize the existing fixed income toolset and while primarily servicing the interest rate team you will be required to service the entire investment team;
- You will be required to develop and maintain fixed income valuation models to create efficiencies and improve investment risk management;
- You will be required to collaborate with the investment team to research and develop new / alternative quantitative valuation techniques;
- You will be required to collaborate with the enterprise solutions team to research and implement machine learning capabilities in the investment process.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are able to work in a team and willing to assist a team of investment professionals in delivering on risk management objectives;
- You have a strong ethical base;
- You are an analytical thinker;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have decision-making and judgement skills;
- You are able to display drive, purpose and intitative;
- You have collaboration and teamwork skills;
- You are assertive;
- You are articulate and confident;
- You are hardworking and deadline driven;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have integrity;
- You have learning agility (curiosity and willingness to learn);
- You are adaptable.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a honours or masters degree in mathematics / statistics / financial mathematics / computer science or actuarial science;
- You have a minimum of 2 – 5 years current, relevant experience in quantitative work environment;
- You are passionate for investments and have current, relevant experience and skill;
- You have current, relevant model development experience;
- You have advanced level computer programming and financial modelling skills in Microsoft Excel and VBA;
- You have R / Python / C# / SAS or related programming experience – this would be a distinct advantage.
Leading edge business – great innovative thinkers; high moral standards. Add value to the SA landscape while doing an interesting and challenging role. Feel good and do good!