Very stringent criteria -exceptional is not negotiable
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland, Ireland, Namibia and the United Kingdom.
They now seek an Equity Analyst to join their team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to research and analyse shares listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange in order to identify investment opportunities from which portfolio managers can make decisions thereby adding value to clients’ portfolios;
- You will be responsible for full research, including company and sector analysis of listed companies on the JSE;
- You will be responsible for assimilation and dissemination of broker information, annual reports and company visits;
- You will be responsible for involvement in investment team debates;
- You will be responsible for presentation of recommendations to the investment team;
- You will be responsible for tracking performance of companies that the company has holdings in.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are confident with strong conviction;
- You are a self-starter;
- You are motivated to prove yourself;
- You are driven;
- You are intellectually curious;
- You have a willingness to learn.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services – this is ideal;
- You have a Business Science – preferably finance stream –
- You have an engineering qualification –
- You have an an actuarial qualification –
- You are a Chartered Financial Analyst– or part 11
- You have a current, relevant working experience as an equity analyst within a competitor asset management
- You have current, relevant experience in building models for forecasting purposes that test and support your investment decisions;
- You have proven academic ability with consistently top results during their degree as well as proven track record with investment recommendations.