R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a leading financial services company, delivering a broad range of financial services and products, on a face-to-face model and via integrated electronic platforms. They specifically focus on wealth management, asset management and insurance solutions for individuals, families and enterprises.
They now seek a project manager to join their team. This is a new role. Scrum master qualifications are a distinct advantage.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to work within a growing financial services organisation; so you must be able to work quickly; smart and accurately to tight deadlines;
- You will be required to assist in embedding agile practices and establishing the project management office competency within the organisation;
- Overall project management responsibilities:
- You will be required to ensure that client objectives are met and that deliverables are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards;
- You will be responsible for working with clients to define project goals and to establish the overall success criteria for projects, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters;
- You will be required to ensure the alignment of projects with the clients’ overall business goals;
- You will be responsible for developing the project execution plan;
- You will be responsible for identifying and implement tools and systems to proactively maintain project governance in accordance with an agreed project execution plan;
- You will be responsible for coordinating, controlling and directing the activities of all staff and project team members to ensure the project success criteria are met;
- You will be responsible for monitoring and applying performance management techniques;
- You will be required to respond promptly and efficiently to the clients’ needs, changes and requests within the context of the project;
- You will be responsible for managing the project change control process, including the implementation of change control procedures;
- You will be responsible for monitoring and advising upon project finances;
- You will be responsible for managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications;
- You will be responsible for ensuring the project teams comply with these agreed systems and procedures;
- You will be responsible for preparing formal project progress and other reports in order to provide timely and accurate project information and status updates to all stakeholders;
- You will be responsible for taking a leading role in interfacing with clients and other team members, at all project stages;
- Agile specific responsibilities:
- You will be required to run daily, weekly and monthly agile rituals efficiently and strictly;
- You will be required to track work progress to identify blockages and developer divergence from allocated tasks;
- You will be required to block business, operational staff and product owners from interference with development structure;
- You will be responsible for polices channels for submission of development work requests;
- You will be required to implement structure changes and strategy that are generated by agile retrospectives;
- You will be responsible for high velocity communicator – making sure that all information regarding changes in scope, delays & other detrimental events are communicated to those involved with the piece of work as soon as they arise;
- You will be required to block stories that do not contain the right level of detail from entering the dev structure;
- You will be required to block changes to work once in development without following the proper re-evaluation process;
- You will be required to remove blockers with extreme prejudice when raised by development team.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a PM qualification at post grad level; Scrum master qualification; relevant Financial services project management experience. You have managed people, processes and are highly IT friendly. You have worked in a global best practice financial services company and are competent at working in complex environments.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have proven experience as a project manager, with a minimum 3 years current, relevant experience, including being responsible for implementation of projects, facilitating projects and related workshops and effectively communicating with all project stakeholders;
- You have proven experience facilitating a project across multiple divisions within an organisation;
- You have PMBOK or Prince2 current, relevant experience – this is a distinct advantage;
- You have Agile / Scrum / Kanban current, relevant experience – this is preferable;
- You have an extensive understanding of IT software products / development;
- You have SDLC and implementation experience;
- You have current, relevant experience in testing and QA environments;
- You have current, relevant experience in the financial services industry;
- You are competent in workshop facilitation techniques;
- You have current, relevant IT project management experience particularly on software development projects using the agile methodology.
You don’t have to me managed – you are self-motivated; driven; hard working and smart. You enjoy working and look to do the best job possible every day! Highly energised working space.