R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a leading independent financial services group, with an extensive national footprint and both a Namibian and Mauritian presence. They have operation since 1998, they offer a value-orientated approach to their clients’ financial needs, from asset and wealth management to insurance.
They now seek a group management accounting manager to join their team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to undertake complex assignments, meet tight deadlines and deliver excellent performance;
- You will be responsible for group management information reporting and critical analysis of management information to identify unusual financial trends and anomalies;
- You will be required to assist with new group internal reporting initiatives, including automation of reporting functions;
- You will be responsible for assisting various finance teams across the group with special ad-hoc reporting requirements and requests;
- Management information:
- You will be required to take responsibility for the compilation of the monthly management reports using financial and non-financial information from various data sources;
- You will be responsible for critically examining financial information for accuracy;
- You will be required to take responsibility for compiling monthly investment and credit committee reports;
- You will be required to take a leading role in annual group budget process;
- You will be required to compare actual performance to budget and prior year and obtain reasons for variances;
- You will be required to identify and investigate unusual financial trends and anomalies to ensure that actual performance is a true reflection of business performance and results achieved;
- You will be required to Involvement in the forecasting of future financial performance;
- You will be required to critically analyse relevant business metrics, including assets under management and net flows;
- Cash management:
- You will be responsible for monitoring daily group cash balances to ensure optimal cash management;
- You will be responsible for preparation of weekly and monthly cash monitoring analysis;
- Audit & annual and interim financial statements:
- You will be required to assist with the preparation of the consolidated audit pack to help the group reporting manager speed up the consolidation process during the audit;
- You will be required to provide financial managers in the group with guidance and assistance on the preparation of the financial statements of the subsidiaries in the group;
- You will be required to assist with the reparation of reporting packs, annual integrated report and annual financial statements in terms of IFRS;
- You will be required to assist with external auditor queries during the year end audit process;
- You will be required to assist with internal audit queries as required;.
- Staff management:
- You will be required to manage and mentor junior staff members;
- Special projects:
- You will be responsible for finding ways to improve the efficiency of the reporting function;
- You will be responsible for assisting various finance teams across the group with special ad-hoc reporting requirements and requests.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are an assertive and results-orientated individual who works with a strong sense of urgency and thrives in a fast-paced setting;
- You have the ability to operate at manager level and lead teams;
- You have the ability to generate financial reports in Excel by incorporating information from different data sources;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills;
- You have the ability for delivering results and meeting management expectations;
- You have the ability to work under pressure;
- You have strong accounting and financial services knowledge;
- You have strong knowledge of accounting systems and financial reporting skills;
- You have the ability to work effectively with people;
- You have the ability to package and communicate financial information in a clear and concise manner.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a minimum B Com hnrs (accounting) / B Acc hnrs;
- You are a CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services or CIMA; this is preferred;
- You have a minimum of 2 – 3 years’ current, relevant experience in the financial services sector within a group environment;
- You have strong computer literacy skills;
- You are proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- You have strong knowledge of internal management reporting – this is essential;
- You have knowledge of AccPac, IDU and Qlikview – this is recommended;
- You have Advanced Excel skills.
Exceptionally successful business. Please note that this team is focussed and has a flat structure – you report to the group FM who in turn reports to the group FD. Rewards on performance are superb.