Our client is of the firm belief that high impact responsible entrepreneurs will contribute to a positive economic, social and political change. It therefore identifies, selects, and invests in individuals that show potential greatness over the long-term through its Scholarship and Fellowship opportunities.
In 2017a fund was started as a not-for-profit initiative which aims to develop the courses and training materials needed to teach all Foundation Phase teachers in South Africa (Grade R-3) how to teach reading for meaning. In 2019, the project is planned to expand with the development of the material for additional languages and mathematics, as well as integration into university curriculum. The project has secured funding for this expansion through to 2023.
They now seek a project accountant to join their team. This role is for suitably qualified and committed to SA and positive change individuals who are also employment equity candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for supporting the programme in embedding sound policies, processes and systems to ensure strong financial management and ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory and legal requirements;
- You will be required to support the budget development for the overall project, and develop the budgets for each sub-project;
- You will be required to maintain the project cost activities and codes, including project set-up on the accounting system;
- You will be required to ensure financial processes are documented and implemented across the project, including the introduction of new procedures to manage cost allocation and cost reporting as necessary;
- You will be required to ensure efficient system of procurement and invoice payment, and document management;
- You will be required to support the completion of month end financial close processes within timelines,
- You will be required to report on monthly financial performance to the budget holders to ensure the strong financial management and budgetary control, including development of budget forecasts;
- You will be responsible for the preparation of financial report to stakeholders (e.g. funders) as required;
- You will be required to assist the financial manager in the year end close and annual audit process related to the project.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills, with ability to plan and manage multiple work assignments;
- You have a demonstrated ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders;
- You have a strong proficiency in Excel as well as analytical skills;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have excellent service orientation;
- You are a strong team player;
- You have excellent stewardship.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.Com hnrs/CIMA part qualified;
- You have a minimum of 3 – 5 years current, relevant experience in project accounting with an demotrable track record of excellence and supporting references;
- You have current, relevant experience in the non-profit sector, with project accounting experience in same – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have current, relevant experience of Microsoft Office, business accounting systems and reporting packages – this is essential.
You are self-motivated; accurate; have a strong work ethic and are keen to work for an organisation that is making SA a better place to live!