Our client is of the firm belief that high impact responsible entrepreneurs will contribute to a positive economic, social and political change. It therefore identifies, selects, and invests in individuals that show potential greatness over the long-term through its Scholarship and Fellowship opportunities.
In 2007 the Foundation Endowment (”Endowment”) was established with a significant initial donation.
The overarching purpose of the Endowment is to provide financial security to the Foundation. It is also able to consider complementary initiatives and projects that support the overall mission of the Foundation to address poverty and unemployment in South Africa, and number of educational and employment projects were initiated in 2017.
In 2017 a philanthropic entity was launched as part of the foundation and launched its first program;
a programme for staff in South Africa to initiate and select projects to partner with communities for the common good. Further programmes are commencing in other African countries in 2019.
They now seek a financial manager – to join the team. You are committed to working hard and smart and toward a better future for all in SA. You are also an affirmative action candidate.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for supporting the endowment and philanthropy programmes in embedding sound policies, processes and systems to ensure strong financial management and ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory and legal requirements;
- You will be required to ensure the effective operation of financial management policies, procedures and systems;
- You will be required to support the annual budget process for the entities and related programmes and projects;
- You will be required to ensure the completion of month end financial close processes within timelines, and the preparation of detailed monthly management accounts and related schedules.
- You will be required to support effective cash management through regular forecasts and monitoring of operational requirements.
- You will be required to assist the head of finance in the annual audit processes as well as compilation of the annual financial statements;
- You will be required to support endowment and the philanthropic entities in ensuring reporting and compliance with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English.
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills, with ability to plan and manage multiple work assignments;
- You have a demonstrated ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders;
- You have a strong proficiency in Excel as well as analytical skills;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have excellent service orientation;
- You are a strong team player;
- You have excellent stewardship.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a CA(SA) ;
- You have an ACCA or CIMA professional qualification.
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant experience;
- You have current, relevant experience in the non-profit sector – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have current, relevant experience working in developing countries, and preferably in Africa.
You are a smart, capable individual. You would like to pay it forward but not compromise your professional persona – you can do both here! Wonderful opportunity – feel good working space!