R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks is headquartered in Cape Town and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland, Ireland, Namibia and the United Kingdom.
They now seek a trainee equity analyst to join their equity research team. You are passionate about financial markets. This is an ideal opportunity to prove yourself in a top performing investment team in Cape Town.
You will work for 2 of the top PM’s in SA and enjoy huge exposure and credibility at this top tier brand. You have a proven academic ability with consistently top results during your degree. You are BRIGHT and SMART!
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for supporting the analysis of companies listed on the JSE;
- You will be responsible forproviding research support to a team of analysts and fund managers whilst training to become an investment analyst; You will be surrounded by experienced top class investment professionals and will need strong accounting and numerical skills to excel in this role;
- You will be responsible forassisting analysts with research projects across various sectors;
- You will be responsible for ad hoc tasks for members of the investment team;
- You will be responsible for daily and monthly monitoring and reporting on fund manager portfolios (esp the monthly portfolio review document);
- You will be responsible for aadministrative work supporting the research process;
- You will be responsible for preparation of presentations for internal report-backs and external roadshows;
- You will be responsible for assisting analysts in building spreadsheet models and running company analyses;
- You will be responsible for assisting analysts with research projects in various sectors.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a natural interest in businesses and what drives their success;
- You areconfident;
- You are a self-starter;
- You are motivated to prove yourself;
- You are driven;
- You are motivated by performance based rewards;
- You have a willingness to learn;
- You are proactive and able to manage your own training;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have diligence and numeracy skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B Bus Sc (accounting, economics, maths), and/or CFA and the academic results will be very good; or CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have strong knowledge of MS Office with advanced Excel;
- You have some knowledge of Bloomberg or Inet; this would be a distinct advantage.
Ideal opportunity for the smart and passionate individual who loves the financial markets – to work a top 10 company in SA!