R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS to attract and entice!
Our client is an innovative life insurance company, poised for considerable growth. They offer a complete suite of life insurance products, including temporary and long-term disability, critical Illness and life cover. They are proud to offer products and services that can really change people’s lives while truly caring about the difference they can make. They are committed to creating products that protect people from the risk of not being able to earn an income, no matter how severe their injury or illness. At the company, they celebrate paying claims because they see it as an opportunity to support their clients’ plans and dreams, both now and in their future. The customers and their needs are at the centre of the company’s business. They are invested in supporting them and protecting the future they are trying to build. The company strives to make cover available to everyone and ensure that they are taken care of in their time of need. They like to think of themselves as partners to their policyholders, rather than providers, and building long-lasting relationships is what they value most. This is a very successful business borne out of an entrepreneurial venture that has grown exponentially and retains its entrepreneurial and not traditional life office style! Fun people work here.
They now seek an experienced actuarial specialist to join their actuarial valuations team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to assess, monitor and project the financial soundness and capital efficiency of the business, including the impacts of changes to business strategy and products;
- You will be required to drive the implementation of IFRS17;
- You will be responsible for developing an economic capital model;
- You will be responsible for ALM modelling;
- You will be responsible for maintaining and improving actuarial models and systems;
- You will be responsible for preparing financial and risk metrics for published, statutory and internal reporting;
- You will be required to provide key inputs into the financial planning process;
- You will be responsible for overall, present insights and drive conversation to influence business strategy.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a self-motivated individual of outstanding calibre;
- You have a fresh approach;
- You are personable and efficient;
- You have strong problem solving, modelling and analytical skills;
- You have strong focus and a keen eye for detail;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have excellent interpersonal skills;
- You have the ability to work independently with a strong work ethic;
- You have the ability to manage a wide range of deliverables at once;
- You are in consistent pursuit of excellence in execution and delivery;
- You are energetic.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a newly or nearly qualified as an actuary (minimum 11 actuarial exams);
- You have a minimum of 3 years’ current, relevant life insurance valuations experience, preferably 5 years or more;
- You have strong proficiency in Prophet, DCS and Excel.
You want to work with a smart, entrepreneurial growing business – not a staid old house. You are up for the challenge and in fact welcome this! Please call for a confidential chat.