R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients since 1974. The company is an investment management firm focussed on building long-term wealth for their clients. They are hugely successful as they have a disciplined approach and treat their clients and staff with the utmost respect.
They now seek a senior IT business analyst – institutional investments to join their team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be part of the domain team responsible for the technology solutions supporting the needs of the company and investment accounting business units. The team’s responsibilities spans across multiple systems and applications, both internally and externally including system integration;
- You will be required to solicit and understand business needs and requirements and assess how these requirements can be incorporated into our existing technology platform. Takes into account best industry practices, have the ability to interpret business requirements into technical solution that yield maximum business benefit and efficient business process;
- You will be required to be instrumental in ensuring the provision of long term client orientated solutions in a timely manner, while taking risk and scalability into account;
- You will be responsible for the analysis, improvement and support of system processes and system requirements. You will also be required to provide insight to business problems and assist fund operations with the interpretation and understanding of key aspects within the fund operations and investment accounting sphere.
- You will be required to have in depth knowledge of back and middle office operational functions within the asset management such as:
- Valuation and pricing of unitized products – life, UT and mutual funds with multiple classes;
- UT income distributions;
- Fund accounting, general ledger, trial balance, income statement and balance sheet;
- valuation and instrument pricing of complex fixed income instruments;
- Understanding the treated complex corporate actions and accounting thereof in all fund types;
- Business Analysis experience in an IT environment including SDLC;
- Proven track record in successful implementation of systems and applications;
- You will be required to liaise with business and IT stakeholders to satisfy business need;
- You will be required to ensure that production support is effectively and timeously addressed;
- You will be responsible for driving and implementation of change;
- You have the ability to represent the company on external industry forums;
- You will be required to identify and manage any risk introduced by changes from both an IT and business perspective;
- You will be required to identify inefficiencies and champion continuous improvement, not only on the system but also giving input into process improvements;
- You will be responsible for collaborating with system architects to define infrastructure to support reporting;
- You will be required to liaise with the business users and developers regarding requirements for new or improved functionality;
- You will be responsible for liaison and relationship building with external vendor to ensure vendor delivery meets business and or industry requirements;
- You will be required to manage and co-ordinate vendor prioritization meetings and delivery;
- You will be responsible for training and mentoring of junior business analysts in the team.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have Strong interest in fund accounting and investment management principles
- You have an in-depth knowledge of fixed income instruments valuations, accruals and tax;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in English;
- You are conscientious;
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving abilities;
- You are disciplined and methodical style;
- You have the ability to work in a team as well as independently;
- You have mentorship and leadership skills;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You are determined and persistent;
- You are independent minded.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B. Com/B.Bus Sc;
- You have sound knowledge of the Institutional investments business processes;
- You have sound knowledge of best industry practice and best of breed solutions;
- You have a minimum of 10 years’ current, relevant experience in an IT environment of which at least half as a lead business analyst or senior business analyst.
New role – outstanding team. Superb work environment!