R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE TO ATTRACT AND ENTICE!
Our client believes in a better future. First and foremost, they are working towards a better future for their clients. They have entrusted the company with their investments and the company’s responsibility is to look after their capital. The company’s purpose is to help people around the globe enjoy a dignified retirement and to preserve wealth for future generations. Their culture supports innovation. The company values honest debate and the sharing of ideas. Their people are encouraged to challenge the status quo.
Following a strategic review, the board of the group announced on 14 September 2018 that the company will become a separately-listed entity. The demerger is subject to regulatory, shareholder and other approvals and is expected to be completed by Q3 2019. A number of workstreams have been established to manage and execute the demerger for the company. The separation workstream is responsible for managing the transition of services from group to the company and includes three delivery programmes; central services, IT and marketing.
They now seek an investment management services IT project manager. The team is made up of business analysts and technical business analysts whose responsibility is to deliver IT and operational solutions to the LISP platform and the advisor business. The team are custodians of the platform architecture including systems infrastructure and data. The team is largely made up of IT professionals with a deep understanding of the asset management business covering their wide range of investment capabilities. The team are responsible for all projects that fall within the client group, client operations and marketing areas. The team perform business requirements gathering, specification generation as well as solution implementation and subsequent query resolution. The team prides itself on its ability to deliver high quality solutions efficiently and effectively by ensuring projects are contained, well defined and have high payoff to the business.
If you have worked on a rebranding project or projects or de coupling of business – your expertise will be invaluable.
Superb team – loads of challenges as this is a very exciting time of the business.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to take ownership of projects and manage resources and delivery;
- You will be required to manage project risks, including the development of contingency plans;
- You will be required to effectively communicate business specifications to internal IT developers and external IT consultants;
- You will be required to understand, enhance and deliver improved business processes;
- You will be required to co-ordinate and respond to testing requirements;
- You will be responsible for external vendor management;
- You will be required to communicate project progress via required reporting packs to varying levels of stakeholders;
- You will be required to ensure that solutions conform to enterprise architectural standards, compliance and company standards at all times;
- You will be required to assist the wider client technology team with other initiatives as and when required;
- Mandatory responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for adhering to the code of ethics and related policies, including personal account dealing, gifts, inside information, etc.;
- You will be responsible for ensuring compliance forms and declarations are completed and returned on a timely basis;
- You will be responsible for ensuring timely completion of compliance training;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that you maintain appropriate level of training and threshold competence levels;
- You will be responsible for ensuring you keep up to date on procedures and best practice relevant to your job responsibilities;
- You will be responsible for ensuring regulatory, client and other corporate records are maintained;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that firm and client data and property, including IT data, are properly protected and that advised best practices are followed to maintain confidentiality and security of all data;
- You will be responsible for reporting any possible and actual breaches, errors, or complaints;
- You will be responsible for reporting any possible concerns about conduct or unfair treatment of customers to compliance;
- You will be responsible for reporting any suspicion that a client, investor, or employee may be involved in money laundering, fraud or other crime;
- You will be responsible for being alert to possible wider compliance and operational risk issues within the general business;
- Non-mandatory responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for ensuring that your team procedures are kept up-to-date;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that all changes in business practice are taken through the appropriate business forums;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that regulatory, client and other corporate reporting deadlines are met;
- You will be responsible for ensuring that if handling client monies and client assets that they are properly protected, recorded and reconciled;
- You will be responsible for maintaining “chinese walls” / “ethical walls” with other parts of the group and within the company under the inside information requirements.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You are able to multi-task; work to tight deadlines and able to cope under pressure;
- You have a keen eye for detail and high level of accuracy;
- You have strong problem-solving ability / logical thinker and highly numerate;
- You have the ability to see the bigger picture;
- You are organised and able to prioritize duties and responsibilities;
- You have a strong personality, self-assured, self-confident and assertive;
- You are able to work in a team and potentially lead BA’s and IT developers;
- You have a passion for change and a sense of real achievement based on delivery.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have Honours degree or equivalent with finance / business and computing orientation;
- You have a minimum of 5 – 10 years current, relevant industry, project management experience;
- You have a thorough understanding of the asset management industry and in particular central services type roles and processes;
- You have a thorough understanding of the development life-cycle, development framework methodologies and implementation cycle, development framework methodologies and implementation, with particular emphasis on Agile or RAD;
- You have a demonstrable history of working with other investment industry organisations, external vendors and consultants;
- You have an understanding of data and application architecture;
- You have current, relevant experience in dealing with multiple stakeholders in multiple global locations;
- You have excellent knowledge of asset management, distribution, client operations and marketing;
- You have current, relevant experience of working with ServiceNow PPM or similar project management tools.
This contract is a good one – and not the poor cousin to a permanent role at all =- just a measure of control at this very busy and exciting time!