R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS to attract and entice!
Our client is a licensed discretionary investment manager specialising in the management of investments for both institutional and retail investors. They have an enviable track record and are a listed entity with a significant Africa and global footprint.
Leading investment manager with a comprehensive range of listed and unlisted investment capabilities and significant assets under management seek a new resource. Their vision is to generate sustainable long-term returns for their clients that make a difference in their life. In addition they hope to relentlessly pursue investment excellence in order to grow clients’ wealth over long periods of time. This client is passionate about being as invested as their clients in a future that matters by investing their own money alongside their clients. That way they ensure our interests are entirely aligned with theirs. To deliver on this vision they invest in people with exceptional talent, focus and ethics and focus on unlocking their excellence in an environment where teams can galvanise and prosper over time.
They now seek a portfolio manager to join their risk managed team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be part of the team required to manage portfolios in the absolute return fund, equity, hedge fund and structured product space with a strong focus on derivative usage;
- You will be required to provide inputs for the selection of investment decisions and be part of the investment committee;
- You will be responsible for the development and implementation of investment philosophy;
- You will be responsible for investment servicing of existing and marketing to potential new clients; this encompasses travel within South Africa;
- You will be responsible for creating and strengthening strategic investment relationships which span across investment consultants, the life company and other industry stakeholders;
- You will be required to manage portfolios in line with mandate requirements;
- You will be required to strive to enhance and refine existing processes;
- You will be required to perform regular analysis and screening for trade opportunities;
- You will be responsible for researching, analysing and providing relevant information for the assessment of trading opportunities for the funds;
- You will be required to implement portfolio management decisions, including derivative trading directly with counterparts.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a strong interest and ability in derivatives;
- You have a demonstrable passion for the investment markets;
- You are able to understand the key drivers of investment performance;
- You are an independent and critical thinker;
- You are a self-starter, with a willingness to show initiative and to assume responsibility;
- You are able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- You are able to work well under pressure;
- You have a high level of computer literacy;
- You have strong numerical skills;
- You have a keen eye for detail.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B Com, B Bus Sc, Qualified Actuary or CA(SA)
- You are a CFA Charter holder or candidate –
- You have the ability to write effectively to a variety of audiences (internal and external) across various media;
- You are able to meet FAIS requirements – education and experience (i.e. be registered with the FSCA and have passed 1st level regulatory exam, RE5) – this is preferred;
- You have a minimum of 5 years current, relevant investments experience with time spent working in a hedge fund, structured products or derivative instruments environment;
- You have current, relevant experience in hedge fund management –
- You have well-developed quantitative and modelling skills;
- You have current, relevant multi asset class experience (including fixed income – this would be a distinct advantage);
This role reports to the head of this specialist area. You will be happy smiling and busy and very well rewarded if you can add value to this team. For a confidential discussion please call Claire on 082-788-4032.