Cape Town or Gauteng, Northern Suburbs
R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS LUCRATIVE ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS TO ATTRACT A TOP CALIBRE CANDIDATE
Our client is a new generation investment manager that offers investors access to more sources of return and more ways to manage risk. In the institutional space in South Africa as well as their Global business, they pride themselves on offering solutions to address clients’ holistic balance sheet needs, and to support business strategies in the reallocation of investment capital in the face of increasing regulatory pressures. The company’s approach is to understand their clients’ individual needs and to gain insight into the strategic investment challenges they face, to provide appropriate solutions to their investment challenges. The company’s vision as an asset manager is: getting those that are not saving to save; getting those who are saving to save more effectively and helping to fund Africa.
They now seek a Business Development Manager – Institutional to join their team. You will report to the head of the business.
You will engage with clients in SA and a few African jurisdictions. You will enjoy motivating for alternative investments; credit and LDI options, too. You will be capable of interacting with asset consulants,multimanagers, corporates and trustees of retirement funds on investment matters.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to act as custodian for a specific group of institutional clients;
- You will be required to act as the conduit for all institutional clients between investment and operations teams and meeting of clients’ requirements on an ongoing basis;
- You will be required to build and maintain strong relationships with your clients, as well as designated consultants and potential clients;
- You will be required to ensure clients are in the right product for their needs;
- You will be required to be aware of the company’s full product range and make clients aware of alternative products, where appropriate;
- You will be required to coordinate and manage the mandate process and any other client-related matters;
- You will be required to oversee the client interaction, report backs and information sharing to targeted client groups;
- You will be required to ensure client development;
- You will be required to present to clients with gravitas;
- You will be required to keep clients abreast of market events on a regular basis.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have proven presentation skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure and during tough presentations;
- You have the ability to build and maintain client relationships;
- You have the ability to function effectively from a “mobile” office environment;
- You have the ability to meet deadlines under pressure and sometimes from mobile office environments;
- You are a highly responsible and accountable individual;
- You are diligent and conscientious;
- You are a finisher; tenacious and goal-orientated;
- You have strong numeracy skills;
- You have an ability to work in fast moving environment;
- You are pro-active and a self-starter;
- You have the ability to multi-task;
- You are highly organised and efficient;
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, in English;
- You are a team player and willing to learn.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B. Bus Science, B.Com hnrs, CFA or part, CA(SA) with clients at audit in financial services;
- You have five years current, relevant investment industry-related support experience and experience working with institutional clients;
- You are able to liaise and present with credibility and impact to trustees of pension funds and senior asset consultants;
- You have an understanding of institutional asset management, industry dynamics and distribution networks;
- You are proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products;
- You have database experience.
This is a smart, capable team. Great company part of a highly respected listed FS business that continues to be one of the top companies to work for year in and year out!