R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client who has been established in South Africa and investing on behalf of clients since 1974 has grown to become Africa’s largest privately owned investment management company. The company is an investment management firm focussed on building long-term wealth for their clients.
They now seek a Product Development Manager to join their team. You would be able to lead a team of two super smart individuals and report directly to the head of all Product Development for the retail offering.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
You are smart and academically sound too. CA(SA) with academic articles or Actuarial or similar Math’s or Applied Maths at honours level.
Work with a niche team who are also smart and emotionally mature and alert to opportunities wrt products in this specialist market.
Experience in FS is ideal but we would look at consulting firms, too – where you have had relevant experience.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to lead a team of analysts in performing internal and external research and analysis in support of retail product development that meets regulatory requirements and ensures that the company’s retail offering continues to meet client needs;
- You will be required to lead team of 2 – 3 analysts in executing market research, product development and initiative implementation, often working collaboratively with business teams across the company;
- You will be required to oversee and support analysts in servicing product-related client and adviser queries in a detailed, accurate and timely manner;
- You will be required to carry out other general analysis and research in support of strategic projects;
- You will be responsible for analysis, research and writing for publication.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have the ability to effectively lead a small team to achieve work deliverables;
- You have the ability to research, analyse, synthesise and present information in a manner that leads to effective decision-making and ensures good client outcomes;
- You have a keen eye for detail and are conscientious;
- You are able to operate independently as well as within a team;
- You have strong organisational skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have logical problem-solving and desire and competence to solve complex problems, creating workable, sustainable solutions;
- You have evidence of resilience, an inquisitive mind, determination and integrity;
- You have strong numerical skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B.Bus.Sc (accounting, actuarial, finance or and quantitative techniques); CA(SA) with strong academic results and academic articles;
- You have a BSc (engineering, computer science and or mathematics);
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ current, relevant experience. Experience in financial services would be a distinct advantage but not essential;
- You have Microsoft Office skills – including advanced Excel.
You will be in a business where your knowledge and expertise will be celebrated. You will work with smart, capable, considerate and committed individuals. You will be able to make a difference and be rewarded for same.