R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Global asset manager with enviable track record of success seek a strong institutional BA.
The role is for a Business Analyst in the middle office IT domain, focused on portfolio performance. The middle office domain is responsible for technology supporting the manager system, post trade services and performance reporting. It is positioned to work closely with the Investment Accounting and Institutional Operational Teams.
The Portfolio Performance function is core to the asset management business; it is the ability to accurately reflect to clients the value we add in managing their assets. Our client is in the process of reviewing their infrastructure that supports this function; ensuring that it is able to meet the businesses future requirements. A BA in this space should be comfortable proposing changes up and down the value chain of activities; supporting portfolio performance. This would include being involved in activities to: ensure accuracy and completeness of data; managing sources of fund performance and related benchmark data; and engaging with vendors for efficient and effective use of applications
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates. Work for a bright, articulate open minded, non micro managing manager.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Analysis and support of initiatives and projects:
- You will be required to liaise with business stakeholders regarding requirements for new or improved functionality;
- You will be required to analyse integration and system requirements;
- You will be responsible for collaborating with system architects to define infrastructure changes;
- You will be responsible for coordination with stakeholders for agreement on final design of solution;
- You will be required to document process and system solutions;
- You will be responsible for planning and management of development activities;
- You will be required to design and coordinate IT and business testing;
- You will be responsible for planning and co-ordination of implementation;
- You will be responsible for detailed analysis for new products;
- You will be required to understand and communicate risk around existing applications in relation to proposed changes;
- User adoption of systems and processes:
- You will be required to define Institutional IT support processes;
- You will be required to train and aid end user adoption of systems and process;
- You will be required to provide technical and business support to users at critical business periods;
- You will be required to determine the importance and priority of problems and requests raised;
- You will be required to coordinate and manage production defects to closure;
- You will be required to assist in backlog and sprint planning;
- You will be required to work as an integral part of an Institutional IT scrum team;
- You will be responsible for continuous improvement initiatives specifically with regard to quality and performance;
- You will be required to be comfortable with a fair amount of unpredictability in daily tasks;
- You will be required to display confidence to resolve issues and overcome obstacles, comfortably engaging with others to assimilate information.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a strong critical thinker (able to display this quality);
- You have strong analytical skills and problem solving skills;
- You are driven to implement efficiencies;
- You have the ability to deal with senior stakeholders;
- You have the ability to perform well under pressure;
- You are self-motivated;
- You have planning, organizational and time management skill; flexible approach to working hours;
- You have the ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have the ability to accept responsibility for all tasks done;
- You are flexible, energetic, trustworthy, organised and self-disciplined;
- You are an independent thinker;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You are comfortable with change.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have the relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. BComm, B Bus Science (preference to accounting, mathematics, economics and statistics) with strong academic performance ;
- You have a minimum of 4 years current, relevant experience;
- You have a minimum of 3 years current, relevant experience as either a BA in asset management or investments;
- You have a minimum of 3 years as operational performance specialist;
- You have beginner SQL skills;
- You have exposure to Agile methodologies (e.g. SCRUM);
- You have an understanding of how applications are constructed;
- You know how to structure tests and to test interfaces and integrated systems;
- You are passionate about great software;
- You have a good understanding of asset management business; system development life cycle; release processes and IT environments; testing methodology.
Coupled to this you want to work in a global best practice business where people are treated with respect and rewarded well for their efforts!