R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a proprietary investment business and an alternatives investment manager. Through its capital market activities, the company delivers above-average, risk-adjusted returns for a predetermined level of risk to shareholders. The company is a leading multi-boutique asset manager with a comprehensive range of listed and unlisted investment capabilities and more than R600bn assets under management. Their vision is to generate sustainable long-term returns for their clients that make a difference in their life and their mission is to relentlessly pursue investment excellence, within and across their boutiques, in order to grow their clients’ wealth over long periods of time. They were honoured in 2018 to receive the accolade for best managed company in SA at the Top 500 Awards. They were also acknowledged as the best performing responsible investment asset manager .The company is passionate about being as invested as their clients in a future that matters by investing their own money alongside their clients. That way the company ensures their interests are entirely aligned with theirs. To deliver on their vision they invest in people with exceptional talent, focus and ethics and focus on unlocking their excellence in an environment where teams can galvanise and prosper over time.
They now seek a Strategy Associate to join the team. You will report to the Chief Commercial Officer.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for facilitating the company’s strategy process and supporting the executive committee;
- You will get exposure to the full breadth of the business as well as ongoing engagement with the senior executives;
- You will be required to have excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues across the business;
- You will be required to facilitate the company’s annual strategy process;
- You will be required to incorporate ongoing improvements into the company’s strategy process;
- You will be required to co-ordinate the delivery of the business unit strategies with the heads of each business;
- You will be required to facilitate the compilation of the company’s business level strategy;
- You will be required to support the strategic initiative process, assisting in the development of potential new strategic growth initiatives;
- You will be required to engage with business unit heads and executive sponsors to plan, monitor and report on all strategic initiatives;
- You will be required to coordinate the monthly strategy forum, preparing discussion material and presenting updates on strategic initiatives;
- You will be required to support the monthly EXCO committee process and facilitate ad hoc execution of specific EXCO committee deliverables;
- You will be responsible for ongoing analysis of the operating environment, including preparation of competitor reviews, local and global industry trends and market intelligence;
- You will be required to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders to leverage expertise and insight and support the company’s agenda and group deliverables.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are a proactive self-starter;
- You have the ability to work individually and across teams;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You have excellent organization, planning and time management skills;
- You have the ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines;
- You have the ability to capture and conceptualize new ideas and thinking;
- You are highly analytical – a good problem solver;
- You have good initiative and accountability;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have strong listening skills;
- You have the ability to collaborate and influence individuals across the business.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.Bus Sc;/B.Com hnrs;
- You have a minimum of 4 years current, relevant experience, ideally in a consultancy type environment with a financial services client base;
- You have current, relevant strategic project management experience;
- You have current, relevant experience of dealing with senior executives & participating in executive forums;
- You have knowledge of the banking, credit and investment management markets – this is important.
- You have excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills.
You are a confident, professional individual. You have subject matter expertise in the area of investment management but can apply your knowledge to a management and strategy consulting type role. You enjoy working with market leaders and would like to take your experience and use it in the real time work place at a global best practice business.