R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS LUCRATIVE ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a leading specialist advisor in agriculture investments in Africa, providing qualified expertise in both production (farmland) and investment within this sector. Through their exclusive partnership with Africa’s largest private sector investment manager, the company has firm roots and a significant network across the African continent. The company’s overall investment strategy has been designed to add value with funding, operational excellence and a social impact. And with over 100 collective years of experience in all agricultural disciplines, their dynamic and innovative team has achieved a solid track record of providing access to solutions that truly meet investors’ agri-investment needs.
They now seek an experienced Investment Analyst to join their team. You must have all the relevant experience. You will manage the deals from cradle to grave.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to analyse the economic drivers of agricultural property performance including forecasting and trend analyse and assess financial opportunity, be it related to a present or potential agricultural property investment;
- You will be responsible, under the supervision of senior management, for investment analyses, preparing investment proposals to the investment committee and assisting in transaction execution and monitoring of the investment during the investment period;
- SPV financial modelling and analyses:
- You will be required to build and maintain financial models;
- You will be required to consolidate information from other different sources and to prepare annual budgets and updated forecasts throughout the year;
- You will be required to interact with farmers / operator, lenders, government agencies and other financial advisors and as needed, perform all necessary modelling sensitivities to include changes to capital structure, biological asset portfolio and potential mergers and acquisitions;
- You will be required to monitor SPV’s by assisting with registering of water rights, sub-leases post acquisition, legal contracting, further development costs post acquisition etc.;
- Financing structures:
- You will be required to build the discounted cash flow model of the SPV’s by obtaining
- production forecasts, production costs and pricing from the operator and validating these assumptions to industry standards;
- You will be required to reassess the WACC assumptions and other valuation assumptions in determining the DCF valuation;
- You will be required to work closely with operators / tenants and sellers to create a financing structures addressing the needs and requirements of all stakeholders;
- You will be required to develop term sheets and risk registers and maintain common
- understanding among the parties involved;
- You will be required to along with senior management, serve as internal lead for all investments by preparing materials, coordinating meetings, answering operator requests, overseeing due diligence sessions, preparing presentations, drafting of investment proposals and updates;
- You will be required, as member of acquisition team, to evaluate the accretion / dilution of potential acquisitions or divestitures and prepare materials for acquisition team and senior management team;
- You will be required to participate in internal meetings with acquisition team and senior management team to discuss evaluations, deal structuring or termination, bid alternatives, purchase / sale agreements;
- You will be required to coordinate with operations and CFO to determine appropriate operating and financing assumptions;
- You will be required to participate in data rooms and acquisition conferences;
- Portfolio analysis:
- You will be required to build the portfolio analysis for SPV’s that responsible for;
- You will be responsible for tasks including annual financial information of the Propco, Opco, updated IRR, production estimates;
- You will be required to assist investor relations with industry presentations;
- You will be required to assist other departments (accounting, operations) with corporate model outputs and presentations as needed.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are confident;
- You are determined;
- You are self-motivated;
- You have good time management skills;
- You have the ability to work effectively under pressure;
- You are analytical;
- You are a team player or can work well in a team;
- You have good numerical skills;
- You have honed problem-solving skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have exceptional quantitative and writing skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have Honours degree (finance, investment or accounting); if accounting must be a CA(SA).
- You are a CFA – this is preferred and certainly CFA level 2 is ideal;
- You have minimum 5 years current, relevant work experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting where valuations and analysis were the primary part of your role.;
- You have current, relevant experience in real estate investment or agricultural finance in a banking environment – this would be a distinct advantage;
- You have advanced Excel skills.
Brand new role. Experienced person as there are 3 junior analysts. Great team – superb deal exposure and very ‘topical’ and highly visible part of the market. You will be able to hit the ground running and will enjoy the challenge of this role!