R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS to attract and entice!
This global, top performing asset manager, who consistently outperforms ‘all’ benchmarks and is one of Southern Africa’s most successful third-party fund management companies. They are a pure fund management business that provides both individual and institutional investors with access to markets across a number of geographies. Located in all the major regions in South Africa they also have offices in Botswana, Swaziland, Ireland, Namibia and the United Kingdom.
They now seek a Product Development Actuary to join their team. You will report to the head of institutional business – who is also an actuary by training.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to work with the global head of institutional business to ensure that the company’s product range remains competitive and current;
- You will be responsible for tracking material fee trends – across mandates and different investor groups, SA and globally;
- You will be responsible for maintenance of all products offered by the company at present – in South Africa and globally and to both institutional and retail investors;
- You will be responsible for keeping pace of needed changes in mandates / investment solutions (if any);
- You will be responsible for ensuring correct structure of products for the investors in South Africa;
- You will be responsible for investigation and research into other product opportunities in the SA and global markets;
- You will be responsible for research around product structures for distribution to different investors across multiple jurisdictions;
- You will be required to develop and design appropriate performance fee structures, where necessary;
- You will be required to adjust / design products for new geographical markets.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have excellent numeracy skills;
- You have an understanding of how the investment product universe works;
- You have honed analytical skills.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a qualified actuary;
- You have minimum 8 years’ current, relevant working experience;
- You have current, relevant product development experience from an asset management or life insurance business;
- You have current, relevant experience that facilitates a strong understanding of the South African savings industry;
- You have exposure to product fees including performance fees;
- You have a solid understanding of how financial products work;
- You have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
You are smart, technically astute enjoy the competitive nature of the business of product development and look forward to coming up with smart, clever business savvy solutions! You will be well rewarded for your effort!