R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS LUCRATIVE ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a licensed discretionary investment manager specialising in the management of investments for both institutional and retail investors. They have an enviable track record and are a listed entity with a significant Africa and global footprint. You will form part of the investment team who provide multi asset class solutions across the risk/return spectrum.
They now seek a Quantitative Strategist to join their team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified, previously disadvantaged affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to develop and integrate quantitative risk, trade idea generation, and portfolio construction and optimization tools and strategies for active global equity portfolio;
- You will be required to optimize active asset allocation through quants modelling;
- You will be required to provide quants support into fundamental active SA equity process;
- You will be required to provide portfolio recommendations to add alpha;
- You will be required to be the team expert and researcher on AI trends;
- You will be required to collaborate with the team to research and develop new / alternative quant techniques to enhance risk / return outcomes for clients;
- You will be required to lead key projects such as outsourced IT development.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You are curious;
- You are innovative;
- You have initiative;
- You have analytical skills;
- You have a keen eye for detail;
- You are pragmatic;
- You are a self-starter;
- You are a team player;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have Hnrs / Masters in (mathematics, financial mathematics, statistics, data science);
- You have minimum 4 years’ current, relevant experience gained in an investments / quants / modelling role;
- You are a CFA – this is preferred;
- You have coding skills – MATLAB / Python / R / C#;
- You have financial modelling skills in Advanced Excel & VBA (Barra, I-Maps & Factset – this is preferred);
- You have project management skills.
You are technically astute; passionate about the investment space and want to work for a global best practice business. Great rewards on performance!