COULD BE HEAD OF INVESTMENT RISK FOR THE RIGHT PERSON – THERE ARE REALLY 2 ROLES
R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS to attract and entice!
Our client is a long-term savings, protection and investment group, providing life assurance, asset management, banking and general insurance in Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia. The team plays a central, co-ordination and strategic role within the group balance sheet management function. This team is the main touch point in balance sheet management for the numerous business units within the group, which include banking and insurance businesses, spanning over 13 countries across Africa, Latin America and Asia..
They now seek a Senior Credit Risk Officer (Investment Credit) to join their team. You will report to the Head of Credit Risk, as part of the Group Risk Oversight function based in Cape Town. This is a senior and important role.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You were responsible for providing second line oversight of investment credit across the company;
- You will be required to ensure sound credit risk management practices across all these businesses;
- You will be responsible for a challenging blend of strategic input and governance, technical comprehension and relationship building, leading with influence and conscientious execution coupled with some opportunities to travel in Africa;
- You will be required to establish an appropriate credit risk environment;
- You will be required to ensure credit business units operate a sound credit granting process;
- You will be responsible for maintaining an appropriate credit administration, identification, measurement and monitoring process;
- You will be responsible for providing oversight of the controls over credit processes;
- You will be responsible for internal, external and regulatory reporting;
- You will be responsible for risk management;
- You will be responsible for developing strong stakeholder relationships.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have analytical skills;
- You have decision making skills;
- You have influencing skills;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have strong networking and relationship building skills;
- You have the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- You are resourceful and creative;
- You are detail oriented whilst being able to see the bigger picture.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B Bus Sc as a minimum qualification – or Hnrs in maths/science/actuarial ·
- You have a CFA or FRM or other post graduate investment or risk management qualification;
- You have minimum 6 years’ current, relevant work experience in a banking/financial services environment;
- You have current, relevant investment banking credit risk management or oversight experience;
- You have technical skills include an understanding of investment credit models.
You are bright, articulate and can hit the ground running. You welcome a challenge and thrive where there is the opportunity to show your technical competence and ‘shine’. Career trajectory will escalate in this highly visible role!