R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS LUCRATIVE ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client is a licensed discretionary investment manager specialising in the management of investments for both institutional and retail investors. They have an enviable track record and are a listed entity with a significant Africa and global footprint.
They now seek a Lead Functional Analyst to join their IT team.
This role is suitable for appropriately qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to be part of a team to provide consulting skills, business knowledge and solution knowledge to effectively support the client and to integrate technology into the client’s business environment;
- You will be required to assist with the implementation and support of modules to enhance business functionality and overall performance of the application, while maintaining a high degree of customer satisfaction;
- You will be required to assist with the design, configuration and testing activities in various modules of the application with regards to new or existing functionality;
- You will be required to analyse the current business processes and scenarios and recommend / develop solutions to meet the client’s needs;
- You will be required to assist for the successful implementation of solutions or upgrades by providing functional expertise, guidance, presentation and instruction on products to clients;
- You will be required to be involved and assist with complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved procedures including upgrades / changes from the vendor;
- You will be required to provide feedback and contributions to plans and criteria to be carried out by others;
- You will be required to assist seniors to proactively seeks opportunities to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of solutions;
- You will be required to participate in implementations;
- You will be responsible for a defined component of work assist senior staff to acts as liaison with clients and vendors for troubleshooting: investigate, analyse and solve software problems and map client business requirements, processes and objectives; develop necessary product modifications to satisfy clients’ needs;
- You will be required to acquire a thorough knowledge of the organization and adheres to all organizational standards by asking appropriate questions;
- You will be required to assist to keep the application version current and relevant;
- You will be required, within a defined component of work, to assist senior staff to interpret technical manuals and documentation and provides instruction manuals for non-technical users; assist senior staff to provide training in all modes of usage of systems, products and services providing information on the full range of capabilities including dealing with exception conditions;
- You will be required to expand knowledge of the application and database environment in order to perform the necessary data extracts / enquiries;
- You will be required to understand the integration of the application within the organization, at an introductory level.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have sound communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have strong interpersonal skills;
- You are an effective problem solver;
- You are able to multi-task and work to tight deadlines;
- You are able to work independently with little to no supervision;
- You are honest and trustworthy;
- You are respectful;
- You possess cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- You are flexible;
- You are outgoing, personable, responsible, self-motivated, and confident.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have B Com (IT) B.Sc;
- You have business knowledge and exposure to process design gleaned in a financial services company;
- You have the ability to analyse problems and provide clear recommendations;
- You are able to collaborate with clients, and have a strong desire to excel;
- You are able to work independently as well as a team player and can manage your own workload
- You are able to work flexible hours / shifts, if necessary.
You are a smart, capable individual who is keen to work in a global best practice business.