R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS INCENTIVE COMPONENT PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client focuses on the creation and preservation of wealth, offering a comprehensive collection of financial solutions aimed at a market who has a distinct need for a variety of niche financial services and select products. They bring together leading industry experts and respected financial services companies to meet the needs of their clients and pride themselves on being a chosen partner of acclaimed financial intermediaries. Their offering includes local and international investments, pre- and post- retirement solutions, stockbroking, fiduciary services, personal and business assurance as well as short-term insurance. They are a wholly-owned subsidiary of a successful JSE-listed financial services company.
They now seek a Senior Project Manager to join their team. You will be required to be part of a team of project managers who are all responsible for the management of Business and IT projects, ensuring on time quality delivery according to agreed business requirements and parameters.
This role is part of succession planning and has GREAT growth prospects for the successful incumbent!
Strong preference to suitably qualified AA candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be responsible for communication of strategic vision, business benefits and value to be gained by achieving the project objectives to project team members and beyond project team, including reporting of project status and risks to all stakeholders;
- You will be responsible for setting and the management of expectations relating to projects;
- You will be responsible for building and managing relationships with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients, to ensure operational service delivery is maintained and business impact minimised;
- You will be responsible for planning, co-ordination and facilitation of project work according to agreed priorities;
- You will be responsible for management of project delivery, progress tracking, project risks and issues management;
- You will be responsible for management of changes to the agreed project scope and/or time line to preserve business commitments and re-alignment of project objectives with regards to scope and time line in the event of change.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have strong problem-solving thinking skills;
- You are performance driven and results oriented;
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in English;
- You have the ability to contribute to team success and impact other positively;
- You are client service orientated;
- You have the ability to influence and gain commitment;
- You have good negotiating skills;
- You are adaptable.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You are a B.Com( IS or IT) / B.Bus Sc or B.Sc; PRINCE2 qualification or PMP will be an advantage;
- You have 5 to 10 years current, relevant IT Project Administration / Management experience;
- You have 5 years’ experience in Project Management with ability to apply any methodology or tool suited to the context and nature of the project and environment;
- You have 10 years’ experience within a financial services company within an IT development environment, that follows agile principles; this will be an advantage;
- You have current, relevant knowledge of and competent in applying project management principles;
- You have current, relevant knowledge of business products and processes and systems development life cycles.
This is a great opportunity for a resilient, go getter to set your career up with an outstanding outfit where you will rub shoulders with super smart people and be rewarded handsomely for your effort!