R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS
Our client was established in 2007 as a specialised investment advisory business dedicated to two principle investment themes: clean energy infrastructure-type development and project finance investments; and energy and resource efficiency growth investments – and the value chains that support them. The company’s investment territory comprises sub-Saharan Africa.
They now seek a Senior Financial Analyst to join their team. Role for Suitably qualified affirmative action candidates.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to be part of the team responsible for the investment advice to the company funds. In carrying out these financial services duties the team is involved with the identification, collection and aggregation of market and sector data in the sub-Saharan African target region to evaluate investment opportunities across clean energy and resource efficiency technologies and business models. This includes a detailed knowledge of related market and financial dynamics and activities, and regulatory and economic drivers across all related sectors and industry focus areas such as wind, solar, bioenergy, geothermal, cogeneration and resource efficiency within the energy, agribusiness, water and waste sectors;
- You will be responsible for using your analytical and technical skillset to drive high quality, timely and comprehensive datasets, and financial models and valuations, that provide the team with reliable information on which to base its investment advice;
- You will be exposed to existing and new technologies within the renewable energy sectors as well as adjacent resource efficiency sectors; You will gain a solid grasp of the project and financing level data of renewable energy projects and growth equity companies to gain both an in-depth and high level overview of a specific sector and the technologies deployed therein. As your experience grows, you will be required to have greater influence on the company’s investment advisory leadership and coverage in the clean energy market, through rigorous technical financial analysis and market expertise or leadership;
- You will be required to maintain and deliver reliable information to the Inspired Evolution team with the ongoing goal of improving the accuracy, completeness and coverage of our financial analysis and sector data-sets;
- You will be required to deliver accurate, high quality analysis on prospective and post-investment financial models whilst applying your problem solving skills to identify innovative financing solutions;
- You will be required to work with a range of proprietary, industry standard, and open source data stores to assemble, organize and analyse data;
- You will be required to develop research ideas, prototypes and proofs of concepts both in cooperation with other data analysts / deal team members and as an individual;
- You will be required to liaise with the company’s investment team to contribute to the future development and strategic direction of the company;
- You will be required to continually expand upon your existing technical knowledge in addition to new technologies and tools through the training programs and available resources;
- You will be required to take ownership and be proactive with key areas of responsibility.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and deliver to deadlines;
- You have creative problem solving skills and strategic / analytical thinking;
- You have excellent communication (verbal and written) skills in English;
- You have preparation skills in presentation including inputs to deal teasers, investment documentation and presentations, deal pipeline, and other supporting documentation and analysis.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B Bus Sc + experience in financial analysis and valuation modelling. If experience in eh energy sector – a distinct advantage.
- You have minimum 2 – 3 years current, relevant experience in areas combining at minimum two of the following: financial analysis, data analysis, clean energy sector analysis;
- You have a strong interest in data management, financial modelling, technology and the energy and resource efficiency markets;
- You have advanced pro forma financial modelling in MS Excel including DCF, EV/EBITDA and other valuation methodologies, company comparables, equity placements, and M&A modelling;
- You have advanced Excel, and strong Powerpoint and Word skills;
- You have current, relevant data analytical skills and experience;
- You have Project finance experience and valuations essential. Private equity experience a distinct advantage.
- You have current, relevant experience in extraction, data management, data visualization, data modelling, data science, business analysis, project management.
You are a youthful, proactive individual with great technical skills and a stellar work ethic. You are interested and ideally experienced in this area. Great team – superb prospects!