R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS LUCRATIVE ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS.
Our client was founded in December 2015, they have over 20 years of investment management experience and pedigree. They are an independent owner managed investment management business, registered with the Financial Services Board (FSB) and is an approved investment manager in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (FAIS). Their core offering is active investment management with research and product capabilities across all asset classes. They manage approximately R43 billion, as at 31 December 2016, on behalf of institutional clients, which includes Retirement Funds, Medical Schemes, Treasuries, State Owned Enterprises, Corporates and Insurers.
They now seek a Resource Analyst to join their team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to focus industry research and analysis in the specialist area of resources;
- You will be responsible for fundamental research of leading publicly listed companies with a view to producing and maintaining a comprehensive investment case;
- You will be responsible for communication of findings and recommendations.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a passion and flair for investments;
- You have the ability to debate in a constructive manner, challenge popular wisdom;
- You have an inquisitive nature and a desire to learn;
- You are results driven;
- You are flexible and a team player;
- You have a high level of numeric ability;
- You thrive in a high pressurised and dynamic environment;
- You are proactive and have the ability to work and think independently;
- You are meticulous;
- You have good communication skills, both written and verbal, in English.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a B.Sc, B.Com hnrs or B.Bus Sc; CA(SA), CFA;
- You have current, relevant experience in fundamental research in resources;
- You have knowledge of accounting and finance with emphasis on valuation;
- You have knowledge of application of macro and micro-economic concepts, specifically in relation to commodities;
- You have a proven track record of academic and professional success;
- You have current, relevant experience in fundamental research in the resources sector;
- You are proficient in MS Office and financial modelling.
Wonderful opportunity to work in a focused, professional, highly successful team!