R HIGHLY NEGOTIABLE PLUS ANNUAL PERFORMANCE BONUS- TO ATTRACT AND ENTICE.
Our client is a multi-specialist asset manager that connects retail and institutional clients with multiple investment opportunities across asset classes and markets. They believe in multi-specialist investing to achieve extraordinary results. In an increasingly dynamic and interconnected world, their understanding of the complex connections of markets, industries, sectors and global events gives us a competitive edge to adapt to the environment, and make more informed investment decisions that lead to better investment outcomes.
They now seek a Head of Retail Investment Business Development to join their team. You are a name that the market ‘knows’ and respects. You will report to the CEO.
You have a sustained track record are highly respected and admired. You can also inspire a skilled, mature team.
JOB DESCRIPTION WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- You will be required to create and build out the retail distribution team in S.A.;
- You will be required to draft and execute strategy for retail distribution;
- You will be required to manage the team responsible for the distribution of internal products to top brokers in S.A.;
- You will be required to build the framework and operating models across both internal and external channels;
- You will be required to manage sales targets and sales team performance;
- You will be required to supply market intelligence to product suppliers;
- You will be required to manage the sales team, nationally;
- You will be required engage with IFA senior leadership, ASISA and corporate brokerages.
CORE COMPETENCIES REQUIRED, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- You have a strong understanding of the retail landscape, different players and key needs;
- You have strategic thinking abilities particularly around the evolution of the retail landscape;
- You have excellent leadership skills;
- You have honed commercial and business management abilities;
- You have superb analytical skills;
- You have proven people and relationship management skills;
- You have good communication skills, both written and verbal, in English;
- You have the capacity and ability to clearly articulate and package the company’s investment retail value proposition;
- You have an existing track record of success within the industry;
- You have a deep understanding of the direct clients segment and the evolution of the specific retail market;
- You apply unconventional thinking and see the bigger picture.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- You have a CFP;
- You have 10 years current, relevant experience, 5 years of which have been at the top of your game as a people leader;
- You have four years current, relevant experience as a people leader; with experience in a sales and marketing role and in the direct space ideally – and within a leading brand name; global best practice business mores, essential.
- You have a proven track record managing an income statement and being an innovative and capable head of a significant new sales channel for a high performance listed financial services company.
Exciting opportunity to join a wonderful team of industry experts, who have a great vision for the future of their business!